COMMENTS have become NOTES, and "Edit Note" is missing from right-click menu...

jmpatrick

Office Version
  1. 365
Platform
  1. Windows
So MS has renamed the old Comments to Notes, and the new Comments have become threaded conversations.

We're now using Notes in the same manner as we used to use Comments. The problem is, EDIT NOTE nor NEW NOTE appear in the right-click menu when in a cell that has a Note, only DELETE NOTE.

Is this happening to anyone else?

Last edited:

Excel Facts

Repeat Last Command
Pressing F4 adds dollar signs when editing a formula. When not editing, F4 repeats last command.
No - you're definitely not alone!
I have the same issue (as do Excel users the world over); it's been out in beta for some time, if I understand correctly, and is now being rolled out with (at least) Ofice 365.
Complete pain for me, too - I have loads of workbooks with loads of comments (notes) which I sometimes need to edit, and now can't (well, not easily). I've also built my own right-click menu item, to add a new comment (old-style) which brings up an inputbox, into which the user types their text; my code then formats the text as I want it to appear, before then inserting the comment. It's worked superbly for years, and now I'm needing to rethink the whole thing.
Why ever MS didn't leave comments well alone, and just call the new conversations something else, God only knows!

I've not had a look yet, but we can't be the only ones bemoaning this change - I assume there'll be lots of posts on this forum, so I'm now off to find some more threads on the subject............... and re-write some more code, no doubt. I'm sure I'll need to write a procedure to find all comments in a workbook, and convert them to "Notes" or something similar.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ED38

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back