Execl opens many worksheets

rtadros

When I open excel it opens 5 worksheets: Book, Personal, Personal1, Persona, Job List. How can I stop it from doing that.

That workbook does not have any code in it. It would not be the cause of your problems.

Upvote 0

Excel Facts

Does the VLOOKUP table have to be sorted?
No! when you are using an exact match, the VLOOKUP table can be in any order. Best-selling items at the top is actually the best.
Did 5 different worksheets open up for you? If so, then that is the problem. If not, then there is something about how excel opens up for me that does that.

Upvote 0
No, only the single workbook is viewable on screen. It contains a single worksheet - nothing else.

When you say "opens" ... do you mean that when you start Excel ... you are opening a new, blank workbook to begin editing ... and all of the other workbooks open on screen as well ?

Or do you mean, when you go into the VBE (Visual Basic Editor Window) you are seeing something like this :

FN1LA2yiaw5u14wmYruhO6OrcnHvbpf0KlwK59C8jnG

https://www.amazon.com/clouddrive/share/FN1LA2yiaw5u14wmYruhO6OrcnHvbpf0KlwK59C8jnG

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Like I asked in a Previous posting that was ignored. These look like Workbooks to me not Worksheets.

I believe these look like to me hidden Workbooks just like your hidden Personal Workbook.

I would assume you do not see them on screen just like you cannot see your Personal Workbook on screen at least I cannot see mine. I only see mine when I look in Vba Project window.

But I do keep seeing the original poster referring to these as Worksheets. So maybe I'm wrong.

Can you actually enter data on these sheets?

I have three of these:

1. For Personal Functions
1. For Personal Macros.
1. For Personal Macros that some how was created as a Backup

I really do not worry about the backup one it does not bother me and I can never see it unless I'm looking in Project Window

Upvote 0
You are right, they are workbooks. For me when I open an excel file 5 workbooks open up. I see them all and yes I can enter data in all of them and I have to close all five every time, thus why this is a pain. I was trying to learn how to do macros and that's how I think I screwed things up. I don't remember what I did as it was a long time ago. I figured out how to delete macros thinking this would solve the problem but it made it worse as 2 workbooks used to open up but now 5 do.

Is there something about macros that create workbooks?

Upvote 0
Yes, I do see that in VBE but also these 5 workbooks open when I start Excel. I then have to close all 5 separately each time. This happens even if I open an old Excel file.

Upvote 0
Is there something about macros that create workbooks?

Only if the code tells it to create a workbook.

#1 I still think you need to post all of the code from each of those workbooks that auto-open.

#2 Otherwise, the error must be in the XLSTART folder or in the REGISTRY.

When you open EXCEL with a blank workbook ... it is not coded to open other workbooks. There is no code within the new blank workbook to do that.

I've suggested both #1 and #2 in order to get to the bottom of this issue faster so you can get on with your projects.

Upvote 0
Can you look in the folder with your excel documents. Then delete the document and see what happens.
For example if document named "Fred" opens up every time you start Excel then Delete Workbook named "Fred" or if you really need workbook named "Fred" make a copy of Fred and give it a new name and then delete Fred.

Upvote 0
Maybe you can look here:

On your computer look here:

User/Owner/AppData/Roaming/Microsoft/Excel

And see what files are here:
I believe these are the files that open each time Excel Opens.

Upvote 0
Ok, I had to search to find these files and then go to where they are. I deleted them and this fixed the problem.

Thanks so much for your help.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ruhulaminappu

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back