Having a Cell on Form Sheet Look up Last Value in a Column on Another Sheet

USFengBULLS

Board Regular
Office Version
  1. 365
Platform
  1. Windows
Hello,

I am trying to have a certain cell on a form be populated at all times of a currency value on another sheet that is log.
Basically, I need it to look up the Last value/cell that has a value in it in Column E on the Log Sheet.
1. Do I use Lookup or Vlookup to tackle this?
2. Would I Call the procedure/macro at the Workbook Open () Level?

Last edited:

Excel Facts

Spell Check in Excel
Press F7 to start spell check in Excel. Be careful, by default, Excel does not check Capitalized Werds (whoops)
Well, I figured it out with =LOOKUP(9.999999E+307,'CO LOG'!E9:E150) in the cell I want to store this value in.
However, I still would like to know a way of doing this in VBA. Any help would be appreciated, thanks.

Upvote 0
Heres how you could find that value. You dont say what to do with it:

Code:
MsgBox Sheets("CO LOG").Range("E" & Rows.Count).End(xlUp).Value

Upvote 0
I want to store it in on Sheet1.Range("D5") when the user opens the workbook everytime.

Upvote 0
I prefer to just call other macros when using Workbook_Open so in the ThisWorkbook module place:

Code:
Private Sub Workbook_Open()

LastValue

End Sub

Then in a standard module place this:

Code:
Sub LastValue()

Sheet1.Range("D5").Value = Sheets("CO LOG").Range("E" & Rows.Count).End(xlUp).Value

End Sub

Upvote 0
Yes, Thank you for that. I believe it is not working though only beacuse of the first 9 cells in the E column on that CO LOG Sheet. Cell E1 & E2 are part of a merged cell, Cells E3:E7 are all blank cells, Cell E8 is part of merged cell and Cell E9 is the header or beginning of were the currency values begin. Cells E10:E150 will be the range I need this Statement to check through down to the last cell that has a value in it.

Upvote 0
If you only want to check from cell E150 back up to E10 why does it make a difference whether any cells above are merged? What exactly does its not working mean?

Upvote 0
Meaning its not storing the last value that is there in that column. The last value in that column is $100...but when I run the ThisWorkbook Open () that call the LastValue Macro the cell is blank on Sheet1.Range("D5") when it should be $100.
Sorry, I just thought the merged cell and blank cells before it were effecting it and therefore being blank.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hat4Life

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back