SUMIF MultipleSheets

surkdidat

Office Version
  1. 365
Hi
I am trying to add up all occurrences in cell G2 across multiple sheets where F2 contains "4303". I have entered a "Start" tab and "End" Tab, between the relevant sheets, if this helps

Excel Facts

How to create a cell-sized chart?
Tiny charts, called Sparklines, were added to Excel 2010. Look for Sparklines on the Insert tab.
Put the sheet names into a range eg A1:A5 then

=SUMPRODUCT(SUMIF(INDIRECT("'"&A1:A5&"'!G2"),4303,INDIRECT("'"&A1:A5&"'!G2")))

Upvote 0
Hi this is bring up #REF ! - in the sheets I am referencing F2 contains "4303" and G2 contains what I want to count.

Put the sheet names into a range eg A1:A5 then

=SUMPRODUCT(SUMIF(INDIRECT("'"&A1:A5&"'!G2"),4303,INDIRECT("'"&A1:A5&"'!G2")))

Upvote 0
Replying to my own post - its actually a date on the tab, so I need to add a bit that is "DD MM YYYY" in there" - I believe...... Any help appreciated

Hi this is bring up #REF ! - in the sheets I am referencing F2 contains "4303" and G2 contains what I want to count.

Upvote 0
Put the sheet names in A1:A5 then:

=SUMPRODUCT(SUMIF(INDIRECT("'"&A1:A5&"'!F2"),4303,INDIRECT("'"&A1:A5&"'!G2")))

If you only have 4 sheets for example then use A1:A4 or maybe use a named range. I dont know what you mean by its a date on the tab??

Upvote 0
There are 52 tabs, one for each week commencing ie 31 December 2018, 7 January 2019 etc. I have put the names in a range, but it brings up an error. If I name them "XXX" and "YYY" for example, the formula works perfectly. I seem to remember with INDIRECT that if it is a date, you need to put something in the formula that is "DD MMMM YYY" so it converts it from a number?

Put the sheet names in A1:A5 then:

=SUMPRODUCT(SUMIF(INDIRECT("'"&A1:A5&"'!F2"),4303,INDIRECT("'"&A1:A5&"'!G2")))

If you only have 4 sheets for example then use A1:A4 or maybe use a named range. I dont know what you mean by its a date on the tab??

Upvote 0
Oh i see. It will just be excel converting your dates to true dates as you put them into A1:A5. Just format those cells to text then input the sheet names.

Upvote 0
Thanks for your help - finding an old formula I have put the two together and come up with
Code:
=SUMPRODUCT(SUMIF(INDIRECT("'"&TEXT(V7:V43,"d mmmm yyyy")&"'!"&"F2"),"*4303*",INDIRECT("'"&TEXT(V7:V43,"d mmmm yyyy")&"'!"&"G2")))

which seems to work. :)

Oh i see. It will just be excel converting your dates to true dates as you put them into A1:A5. Just format those cells to text then input the sheet names.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mariah3

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back