Cannot got a spreadsheet to function

missing string

Board Regular
I am trying to get a spreadsheet working for a game I play which is useful information. The spreadsheet is hosted here and I saved a copy to my own Google Sheets. I wanted to make some changes and add some things but I'm running into issues. There appears to be differences with Google Sheets and Excel and I am not familiar with using Google Sheets at all. When I downloaded the file as an excel document, it came up with errors and a lot cells were displaying errors. I investigated the cells formulas, correcting issues as I went but gave up as I couldn't get to the root of the problem. I suspected it might be something to do with named ranges but honestly I don't know.

My second attempt, I painstakingly recreated the document from scratch, copying formulas in cells as I went and not using the named ranges. This again came up with errors and I managed to correct most as it seems that the following works in Google Sheets but not in Excel:

Code:
=ARRAYFORMULA(IF(COUNTIF(IF(Gear!$A$2:$A$124>0,Gear!M2:M125, 0),"T3")

I replaced that with this:

Code:
=COUNTIFS(Gear!A:A,1,Gear!M:M,"T3")

I fixed any issues I could, but I hit a deadend when looking at the "Rotation" tab column C. When I evaluate the formula, the cells contain legitimate data for every part of the formula but it displays #VALUE ! unless I select the formula bar and press enter, which returns 0 (not the correct answer when using evaluate formula).

I thought there was a way to attach a file so I could show where I'm up to with this, but I can't seem to find the button. Alternatively, is there someone where I can upload this and provide a link to?

Last edited:

Excel Facts

How can you automate Excel?
Press Alt+F11 from Windows Excel to open the Visual Basic for Applications (VBA) editor.
That first formula is invalid in any application. There are four opening and only two closing parentheses.

Upvote 0
It was just a snippet of the formula. The full code is this:

Code:
=ARRAYFORMULA(IF(COUNTIF(IF(Gear!$A$2:$A$124>0,Gear!M2:M125, 0),"T3") > 3,1.04,1)*B20*(Spells!D6+Spell*Spells!E6)*ShadowDamage*(1-DotMitigation)*Spells!H6*(1-B22))

The latter half of the formula is the same which is why I didn't bother with it.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Da9l87

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back