Thanks Thanks: 0 Likes Likes: 0

Board Regular
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Cannot got a spreadsheet to function

I am trying to get a spreadsheet working for a game I play which is useful information. The spreadsheet is hosted here and I saved a copy to my own Google Sheets. I wanted to make some changes and add some things but I'm running into issues. There appears to be differences with Google Sheets and Excel and I am not familiar with using Google Sheets at all. When I downloaded the file as an excel document, it came up with errors and a lot cells were displaying errors. I investigated the cells formulas, correcting issues as I went but gave up as I couldn't get to the root of the problem. I suspected it might be something to do with named ranges but honestly I don't know.

My second attempt, I painstakingly recreated the document from scratch, copying formulas in cells as I went and not using the named ranges. This again came up with errors and I managed to correct most as it seems that the following works in Google Sheets but not in Excel:

Code:
    =ARRAYFORMULA(IF(COUNTIF(IF(Gear!$A$2:$A$124>0,Gear!M2:M125, 0),"T3")
    I replaced that with this:

Code:
    =COUNTIFS(Gear!A:A,1,Gear!M:M,"T3")
    I fixed any issues I could, but I hit a deadend when looking at the "Rotation" tab column C. When I evaluate the formula, the cells contain legitimate data for every part of the formula but it displays #VALUE ! unless I select the formula bar and press enter, which returns 0 (not the correct answer when using evaluate formula).

I thought there was a way to attach a file so I could show where I'm up to with this, but I can't seem to find the button. Alternatively, is there someone where I can upload this and provide a link to?
    Last edited by missing string; Jan 8th, 2019 at 08:05 AM.

Board Regular
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

Default Re: Cannot got a spreadsheet to function

That first formula is invalid in any application. There are four opening and only two closing parentheses.

Board Regular
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: Cannot got a spreadsheet to function

It was just a snippet of the formula. The full code is this:

Code:
    =ARRAYFORMULA(IF(COUNTIF(IF(Gear!$A$2:$A$124>0,Gear!M2:M125, 0),"T3") > 3,1.04,1)*B20*(Spells!D6+Spell*Spells!E6)*ShadowDamage*(1-DotMitigation)*Spells!H6*(1-B22))
    The latter half of the formula is the same which is why I didn't bother with it.

Some videos you may like

User Tag List