How do I turn of those annoying security messages?

Thespiv

I have a database with hyperlinks to Audio files (MP3's),I have tried following the Excel Help guidence, but still get the "Some files contain viruses message", I am running Norton Antivirus Software as well. I want to be able to click on my buttons and have the file play instantly without the warnings, can this be done?

The digital signature is/was mine, it was put their in an attempt to loose the warnings follwoing the excel help files, however it would seem that I have to pay some comercial organisation to lodge this digital sig with them then send it back or something, cos it's about as useful as a chocolate fireplace. An the warnings still keep coming. Oh Moex, thanks for the suggestion, It was that method that originally lead me to the digital signiture thing, the only thing I can think of, to ensure that i never see them **** message again it to take the computer to the top of the house and drop the thing out of the window, a little crude but it will at least stop the warnings, I would howerver much prefer a kindly soul to help me find a workround
This message was edited by Thespiv on 2002-03-04 11:21

Upvote 0

Excel Facts

Can Excel fill bagel flavors?
You can teach Excel a new custom list. Type the list in cells, File, Options, Advanced, Edit Custom Lists, Import, OK
On a related topic, how does one go about getting a digital signature? I posted an Excel sheet on our corporate Intranet, and it contains a very simple printing macro. However, many employees get freaked out when they open the file, thinking it's got a virus. If this digital signature thing would help minimize the virus warning, I'd be willing to pay for this.

Upvote 0
About the Macro Warning and turning it off:

YOU CAN'T!

Some Co's might allow you to turn the security off on YOUR profile, BUT only the REALLY stupid ones would allow all users to have this low security.

there is some code out there that'll do it, no-one's talking, and I can't blame them.

If you turn it off for one workbook you turn it off for ALL, and lets face it a macro is just another virus.

I'm affraid until hackers stop righting viruses thenyou'll have to live with it.

Sorry!

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
andreguerra

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back