Off-shelf-satisfaction: comparing two data sets - need help.

si3po

Board Regular
Office Version
  1. 365
  2. 2019
Platform
  1. Windows
hi all. another day, another question from me - sorry.I have two very similar datasets, each on a separate worksheet in the same workbook. 'Dataset A' contains details of high priority/urgent orders (on a scale of 1 - 3: 1 = highest priority, 2 = high priority, 3 = urgent) placed by a single customer group (one company over many locations) where stock of that item was not available off-the-shelf, amongst the dataset will be duplicates of the same product number (meaning that particular item was out-of-stock at time of order on multiple occasions). The dataset will be over a the 6 month period July - Dec.'Dataset B' contains all orders of the same item codes as highlighted in 'Dataset A' regardless of their stock availability, by the same customer group. Again, it contains duplicates of item codes as the item may have been ordered multiple times during the same 6-month period.'Dataset B' also shows whether the order was satisfied from stock, or if it was 'out of stock' at time of order placement.My intention is to show the following, but I'm finding it difficult to manipulate the data I have, any pointers will be very thankfully received.
  • Number of high priority orders per item code (priority level not important)
  • Number of total demands per item code
  • Comparison between number of times the item was provided from shelf stock (Off-Shelf-Satisfaction) and number of times there was nil stock when order placed (meaning it was a made high priority order)
Am I trying to re-invent the wheel here, or is this something a Pivot Table or similar would help me solve?thanks all in advance.si3po

Excel Facts

What do {} around a formula in the formula bar mean?
{Formula} means the formula was entered using Ctrl+Shift+Enter signifying an old-style array formula.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jmsotelo

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back