VBA connect two columns both ways

Forrtis

I have an invoice master template and in this invoice, as seen in the attached picture in the link. I have several columns. Column B (Item Description) is data validated with a list and then the other columns contain vlookup formulas to find corresponding information from a product list.

https://imgur.com/a/u2MmX8o

What I am trying to do and what this post is about, is the following: I would like to have the flexibility to enter an item in the item description using the list drop-down menus and the corresponding information to be filled in (this works fine at the moment) as well as this I would like to have the other option to manually enter an item code and then the corresponding values to be entered in the other columns including the item description.

My thinking was to for the data validated cells in column B to also contain a vlookup formula (to my knowledge this is not possible) and that way Column A and Column B would be connected both ways and would give me the flexibility that I am looking for. I am unaware of this being possible so therefore I only see VBA as being the only solution. However, I would not know where to start at this moment.

If anything is unclear please ask away. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Excel Facts

Which lookup functions find a value equal or greater than the lookup value?
MATCH uses -1 to find larger value (lookup table must be sorted ZA). XLOOKUP uses 1 to find values greater and does not need to be sorted.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ED38

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back