Calculated Field in Pivot Table

reberryjr

Office Version
  1. 365
Platform
  1. Windows
I'm trying to create a calculated field in a pivot table. The table's structure is below. The Sum of Sum of Clean Loans (I'll change the title once the data works) should come out to 82. I've also pasted the formula in the calculated field below.

I've never worked with these before, and have been googling/searching for about 75 minutes.

Row LabelsCount of LoanNumSum of Exception CountSum of Sum of Clean Loans
Tommy Chong
<colgroup><col width="138" style="width: 104pt; mso-width-source: userset; mso-width-alt: 5046;"> <col width="127" style="width: 95pt; mso-width-source: userset; mso-width-alt: 4644;"> <col width="163" style="width: 122pt; mso-width-source: userset; mso-width-alt: 5961;"> <col width="188" style="width: 141pt; mso-width-source: userset; mso-width-alt: 6875;"> <tbody> </tbody>

D0sqMv2u7krKAAAAAElFTkSuQmCC

@rory I was able to get PowerPivot to give me the calculated fields I need. Now, when I try to import data as I normally would, nothing is happening. I haven't worked with VBA and tables, let alone the Data Models, so I'm sure it's something there. I've been searching the web, but I can't seem to find anything as rudimentary as what I need. Do you have any suggestions on a good place for me to start?

Upvote 0

Excel Facts

What do {} around a formula in the formula bar mean?
{Formula} means the formula was entered using Ctrl+Shift+Enter signifying an old-style array formula.
How exactly are you importing the data?

Upvote 0
The User selects files that they need to importinto a sheet called “Data”. The pivottables are essentially summarizing the information the Data sheet, based onvalues the User filters to (Month and Week, respectively). I’m snooping around the web, trying to learnmore about Power Pivot, as it seems pretty useful. As of right now, I’m thrown off by workingwith tables more, data models, etc.

Upvote 0
Assuming you've added the data to the table that's linked to the data model, all you should need to do is refresh all.

Upvote 0
Ok, this is beginning to frustrate me. When I add information to the data table, itall refreshes automatically….great! However, when I delete the table contents (the table still exists), andbegin to add data again, the calculated fields fail.

Upvote 0
If you are referring to the data in the pivot table, please be reminded (if you wish NOT to keep previously deleted data ) to go to Options / Data and under "Retain items deleted from the data source" deselect "Automatic" and select "None".

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alex78

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back