Is there an easier way to copy and paste without using macros or vba?

Ultimate Selector

Board Regular
Just curious if there is a simple and easy way to copy and paste one line of data from one workbook to another and have it retain it's values and conditional formatting? It simply needs to look exactly like where I copied it from the other workbook. I don't want to have to use vba or macros. Any ideas?

Thanks in advance!
U.S.

Last edited:

Excel Facts

Ambidextrous Undo
Undo last command with Ctrl+Z or Alt+Backspace. If you use the Undo icon in the QAT, open the drop-down arrow to undo up to 100 steps.
Well I guess by all the replies this thread has recieved it must mean mean that there is no way to accopmlish this! LOL!

What more would like for me to explain to help you understand my dilemma?
All I want to do is to simply take one simple line of data among other lines of data from one workbook let's call it Book A.
Then I want to copy that one line of data to another work let's call it Book B.
Now when I do that and try to paste (after I copy it) that one line of data from A to B it does NOT retain the same values from Book A to Book B.
I'm wanting to put together a complete book (B) of all similar patterns from that one line of data from A when it happens. It can happen more than 10 times a day, every day.
So this way I have a condensed book (B) of all winning patterns from all the data from Book A.
That way I can see all the commonalities from the patterns.

I hope this clears it a bit more!

Thanks,
U.S.

Upvote 0
I am Bumping this simply because I still have not found an answer in all my research for this problem.

I hope there is someone here that can help me out on this issue!

Much Appreciated!
U.S.

Upvote 0
Can’t you just manually copy, paste special values and duplicate the conditional formatting. You seem to want it automated without vba - sorry but excel is either manual or vba. If you don’t want to do it manually you have to use vba. Further vba seems well suited to what you want to do. If you show the group the workbook, the sheets and the data I am confident you will get something back worthwhile. If you are intimidated by vba, trust me your in good company. It’s doesnt take much time to learn the basics and will save you hours and hours of time in you work.

Upvote 0
Thanks MB for your response. I have tried to do it manually with paste special and all. However, it still does not paste the same data. I would then have to go and re input all the lines of data and I'm not going to be doing all that. I also am not all that great with VBA yet as I don't really need it for much of what I'm doing here.

Just thought there was a way to do it with some easier lazy way! LOL!

Upvote 0
When I copy one line of data from One workbook to another it retains all formatting.

So I do not understand why it does not work for you.

Upvote 0
Give me a example.

If the row you copy says:

Frank is my name

And you copy the row and paste in other workbook what happens?

You must have some formulas in those cells.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tpierce

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back