=sumifs across multiple sheet

Tybudd

Board Regular
I can get the formula to work from 1 other sheet, but when I attempt to select multiple sheets, I get a #value error, how am I attempting to select multiple sheets? It looks like this

=SUMIFS('01-03-17:02-28-17'!V:V,'01-03-17:02-28-17'!T:T,F4,'01-03-17:02-28-17'!U:U,"cases")

each tab is named by date. I'm really hoping I can get some help from you guys, got a deadline that I can't complete w/o this formulation.

Excel Facts

Format cells as time
Select range and press Ctrl+Shift+2 to format cells as time. (Shift 2 is the @ sign).
=SUMPRODUCT(SUMIFS(INDIRECT("'"&$A$2:$A$6&"'!V:V"),INDIRECT("'"&$A$2:$A$6&"'!T:T"),F4,INDIRECT("'"&$A$2:$A$6&"'!U:U"),"cases"))

where A2:A6 houses the relevant sheet names like 01-03-17,02-28-17, etc. one by one.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
=SUMPRODUCT(SUMIFS(INDIRECT("'"&$A$2:$A$6&"'!V:V"),INDIRECT("'"&$A$2:$A$6&"'!T:T"),F4,INDIRECT("'"&$A$2:$A$6&"'!U:U"),"cases"))

where A2:A6 houses the relevant sheet names like 01-03-17,02-28-17, etc. one by one.

I might be understanding 100% my apologies.

replacing the $A$2:$A6 with the pages, that would be leaving the quotation marks and the "&" signs as well?

=SUMPRODUCT(SUMIFS(INDIRECT("'"&'02-27-17'!,'02-28-17'!&"'!V:V"),INDIRECT("'"&'02-27-17'!,'02-28-17'!&"'!T:T"),F4,INDIRECT("'"&'02-27-17'!,'02-28-17'!&"'!U:U"),"cases"))

It seems that I'm breaking the formula, either there is something that I'm not putting in correctly, or something I'm taking out, but excel can't read it.

Upvote 0
Enter the sheet names one by one in the A range with a single quote in front...

A2: '02-27-17
A3: '02-28-17

and so on in a sheet where you have a criterion in F4.

And in a convenient cell in this sheet, in G4 for example, enter the formula:

Adjust this for the A range.

Note that you are not entering "pages" or sheet names in this formula, just the range which houses the sheet names.

Upvote 0
Enter the sheet names one by one in the A range with a single quote in front...

A2: '02-27-17
A3: '02-28-17

and so on in a sheet where you have a criterion in F4.

And in a convenient cell in this sheet, in G4 for example, enter the formula:

Adjust this for the A range.

Note that you are not entering "pages" or sheet names in this formula, just the range which houses the sheet names.

Wow Aladin, thanks that was a more clear explanation for me.

I have another question since the naming has to go by cell instead of in the actual formula.

Do you know of a script, that will look up the names of each worksheet in the workbook, and print? So I don't have to manually input each tab?

Upvote 0
Wow Aladin, thanks that was a more clear explanation for me.

I have another question since the naming has to go by cell instead of in the actual formula.

Do you know of a script, that will look up the names of each worksheet in the workbook, and print? So I don't have to manually input each tab?

Define slist using Formulas | Name Manager as referring to:

=REPLACE(GET.WORKBOOK(1),1,FIND("]",GET.WORKBOOK(1)),"")

In A2 of the formula sheet enter and copy down:

=IFERROR(INDEX(SheetList,ROWS($A$2:A2)),"")

Adust if necessary the A range the foregoing formula creates and use that range in the SUMPRODUCT formula in lieu of A2:A6.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
excelknuckles

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back