new issue- trouble with "Load frmFormName"

hoosiergoody

So has there been a recent Excel update that would cause the vba code saying "Load frmFormName" to now cause this error:
"Run-time error '380': Could not set the List property. Invalid property value."

Using this same command worked for 2 years, and now all of the sudden it fails...

any help would be greatly appreciated!

Excel Facts

Can Excel fill bagel flavors?
You can teach Excel a new custom list. Type the list in cells, File, Options, Advanced, Edit Custom Lists, Import, OK
Sounds like there's problems in the Activate/Initialize event of the userform and/or with the method you are using to populate a listbox/combobox on the form.

The first thing to do is, if there is one, to identify the line of code causing the problem.

To do that you have a couple of options.

1 Open the userform in design mode and start it by pressing F5.

2 Goto Tools>Options..., on the General tab set the error checking option to Break on all errors or Break in class modules and then try running Load frmFormName again.

Upvote 0
from what i can tell there are multiple list boxes being used within the form. Unfortunately i didn't create this one and am trouble-shooting. No changes were done to the code or the file. The macro worked until a week ago. Excel16 is what is being used.

Upvote 0
Set a breakpoint and step through the program and find out which line (probably in the userform's code module) is causing the error.

Upvote 0
Mike- i appreciate your help...

it crashes at this command:
"Load frmCreateDisco"

I can change the form name in the properties and then the command to that new name (hence using the generic "Load frmFormName" in my explanation above).

Upvote 0
Sometimes a line inside the uf code module causes an error, but when the VBEditor reactes it masks that by showing the Load (or .Show) line as the error line.
A Breakpoint plus stepping through the Intialize code reveals the true line that caused the error.

Other than that, unless we can see your Initialize code, I can't help.

Upvote 0
If it crashes at that line it's more than likely the problem lies in the forms Activate/Initialize event code, as Mike and I suggested.

If you try what we've suggested you should be able to find the root of the problem, or at least identify which control on the form it's affecting.

Upvote 0
Not enough coffee before i fully answered. My apologies. after stepping through, i got to this point: "Me.cboGBPDate.List = vDates"

in that picklist for the "GBPDate" list, it was past the last valid date. Therefore, not an Excel update or VBA issue.

To Mike and Norie thank you both for your replies and for your patience. Have a great day!

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MartinLarkin

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back