TEXTJOIN array formula giving incorrect results

baitmaster

I'm using the following array formula to create a text string that joins all numbers in a range, allowing me to compare two such ranges to see if all totals are the same:
=TEXTJOIN("|",FALSE,ROUND(M27:M38,0))

which by default I expect to return the values
0|0|0|0|0|0|0|0|0|0|0|0

I have two such formulas looking at two identical sets of results, so I want to test for equality. The strangest thing though, is that only one of them will ever return this result. The other returns

Even stranger, when I correct one and recalculate, the other changes. If I cut and paste either to another location it changes to align with the other, but the other then changes when I recalculate. Copy/paste from either to the other does not fix the problem, the formula is identical but gives different results.

In most cases the one that returns 0|0|0|0|0|0|0|0|0|0|0|0 actually also contains some missing values e.g. 0|0||0|0|0||0|0|0||0

The contents of M27:M37 are zero sums, M38 is empty. Formats in source cells are #,##0,;(#,##0,);"- "

There's no circular references, calculations are on, and I've cleared formatting in all areas.

Changing the sums to pasted 0s gives the right results even though the actual values are unchanged. Copy > Paste values confirms they are all zeroes in the sums. Copying and pasting one zero sum to another does not solve the inconsistent results 0||0||0

Can anyone explain this weirdness?!

Excel Facts

How to total the visible cells?
From the first blank cell below a filtered data set, press Alt+=. Instead of SUM, you will get SUBTOTAL(9,)
I cant explain it but i can get it to behave weirdly with textual numbers.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cdnMech

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back