How do Checkboxes work?

basicallyawesome

Office Version
  1. 365
Hi guys, I have a few questions about checkboxes... this is my first time working with them within a UserForm and I'm not 100% confident I know what I'm doing :eek::oops:

A bit of background, I am creating a spreadsheet for recurring invoicing for trees; oaks, elms, you name it, we've got it. But some orders we can't process due to incomplete information provided. There are about 20 reasons we can't process orders. Most are straight forward and will be completed by the filling in the first page of the UserForm, but some require more information, so there's about 6 other tabs to fill in the additional information for the 6 reasons. Two are for selecting multiple reasons... for which I am using checkboxes. Like I say, I've never used checkboxes before.

1. I have a bunch of check boxes delineating different choices in a page of a multipage userform. If the user selects one (or doesn't, as the case may be), does YES (or NO if unchecked) automatically populate in the cell the data has been assigned to?
  2. How can I switch pages if a box is checked? (i.e., most would enter "Yes" or "No" in a different cell in the worksheet, but one marked Other I would want to have direct to the Other tab which is just a big multi-line text box for inserting custom text if none of the prefab options apply.

The end result is a Word mail merge that you don't close the spreadsheet to run, and automatically runs when the Word doc is opened. Everything works beautifully... except the checkboxes and I've been sitting here :oops: for a while now trying to figure it out.

Thanks!

Excel Facts

Add Bullets to Range
Select range. Press Ctrl+1. On Number tab, choose Custom. Type Alt+7 then space then @ sign (using 7 on numeric keypad)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Armadillos

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back