Averaging Ranges across multiple workbooks

ksmallfoot

Hello! I am working on creating a program that will select a range of values from a separate workbook, take the average and then paste it on a new worksheet.

I have multiple columns of data for each workbook, and there are close to 100 different workbooks to analyze. So this code is important to shorten this daunting task!

I have a workbook called "Lab Program" that currently has code that allows me to select the workbook I want to choose (files with the data I need to analyze), we can call those "Test Data." After selecting Test Data, the program then transposes the data and then it is pasted on a new worksheet in the Test Data workbook. Below is that code:

Dim file As Variant
Dim csvWb As Workbook, newWs As Worksheet
Dim copyRange As Range

file = Application.GetOpenFilename(FileFilter:="Report Files *.csv (*.csv),*.csv", Title:="Please choose a .csv file to open", MultiSelect:=False)

If file <> False Then
Set csvWb = Workbooks.Open(file)
Set copyRange = csvWb.Worksheets(1).UsedRange
Set newWs = csvWb.Worksheets.Add(after:=csvWb.Worksheets(csvWb.Worksheets.Count))
copyRange.Copy
newWs.Range("A1").PasteSpecial Paste:=xlPasteAll, Operation:=xlNone, SkipBlanks:=False, Transpose:=True
End If

End Sub

Now, I honestly have no idea where to start to get the values I want. I would love to be able to use the AVERAGEIF function to treat all the zeros as outliers. I am not sure what the first step would be, I would love some help.

-K
Thanks

Excel Facts

What is the fastest way to copy a formula?
If A2:A50000 contain data. Enter a formula in B2. Select B2. Double-click the Fill Handle and Excel will shoot the formula down to B50000.
Maybe open the workbooks, get your average, store the average in an array. Close the wb. When done processing the files, unload the array into your wb. HTH. Dave

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ExcelError

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back