VBA Code alternative to protect Worksheet

gubertu

Board Regular
Hi all,

I´ve been reading many forumns but I do not find any solution for my problem and I hope you could help me.

I want to enable filtering in every part of a protected sheet. The alternatives that I have found in the forumns are not valid for me and I would like to know if there is a possiblity of keeping the sheet unprotect (in this case I could filter everywhere) but no allow to edit in blocked cells and not allow to include more columns.

Waiting for your response,

Thanks in advance!

Excel Facts

Can you AutoAverage in Excel?
There is a drop-down next to the AutoSum symbol. Open the drop-down to choose AVERAGE, COUNT, MAX, or MIN
just a simple suggestion.

highlight the cell you want unprotected--format cells-under protection tab uncheck the locked box.
when you make Protect Sheet check box Use AutoFilter.

Upvote 0
That possibility isnt valid for me. I need the sheet to be unprotect but the cells cannot be edited...
Thanks

Upvote 0
Why do you need the sheets to be unprotected? Allow filtering is one of the options offered when protecting a worksheet.

What happens when you allow filtering and protect a sheet that you don't want to happen. (Or what doesn't happen that you do want.)

Upvote 0
Sorry if I didnt explained myself. When the sheet is protected and I go to Data/Filter it is not possible for me. According to the message first I need to unprotect the sheet.

Any help?

Thanks!

Upvote 0
When I protect a worksheet, a grid of checkboxes appears. I go to the Filter checkbox and check that box.
The protected sheet allows filtering.

Upvote 0
Finally. im no good in explanation. sorry about that. should I post it with pics. thanks mr. mikeerickson

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MartinLarkin

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back