How to change other cell value

treeppm

Board Regular
Hello fellows. I have a doubt on Excel calculation.

If I change the A1 value the B1 should automatically change to 1
the same if suppose I change B1 value the A1 should change to 1

Kind Regards

Last edited:

Excel Facts

Enter current date or time
Ctrl+: enters current time. Ctrl+; enters current date. Use Ctrl+: Ctrl+; Enter for current date & time.
No bro., It will not circulate. It'll be simple. But I don't know the syntax. You see in all programming languages logic is same. but we have to know the syntax.
I think "=SetCellValue(target_cell, value)" may be the part of the solution. but I don't know the full syntax

Last edited:
Upvote 0
for that to work you use a formula, but when you put a value in 1 cell it overwrites the formula

Upvote 0
Sorry I missed to say full story. wait will update here
Kind Regards

Last edited:
Upvote 0
You can use vba.
Put the code in the code module of the sheet in question.

Code:
[FONT=lucida console][COLOR=Royalblue]Private[/COLOR] [COLOR=Royalblue]Sub[/COLOR] Worksheet_Change([COLOR=Royalblue]ByVal[/COLOR] Target [COLOR=Royalblue]As[/COLOR] Range)
    [COLOR=Royalblue]If[/COLOR] [COLOR=Royalblue]Not[/COLOR] Intersect(Target, Range([COLOR=brown]"A1:B1"[/COLOR])) [COLOR=Royalblue]Is[/COLOR] [COLOR=Royalblue]Nothing[/COLOR] [COLOR=Royalblue]Then[/COLOR]
        [COLOR=Royalblue]If[/COLOR] Target.Cells.Count = [COLOR=crimson]1[/COLOR] [COLOR=Royalblue]Then[/COLOR]
        Application.EnableEvents = [COLOR=Royalblue]False[/COLOR]
        [COLOR=Royalblue]If[/COLOR] Target.Column = [COLOR=crimson]1[/COLOR] [COLOR=Royalblue]Then[/COLOR] Target.Offset([COLOR=crimson]0[/COLOR], [COLOR=crimson]1[/COLOR]) = [COLOR=crimson]1[/COLOR]
        [COLOR=Royalblue]If[/COLOR] Target.Column = [COLOR=crimson]2[/COLOR] [COLOR=Royalblue]Then[/COLOR] Target.Offset([COLOR=crimson]0[/COLOR], -[COLOR=crimson]1[/COLOR]) = [COLOR=crimson]1[/COLOR]
        Application.EnableEvents = [COLOR=Royalblue]True[/COLOR]
        [COLOR=Royalblue]End[/COLOR] [COLOR=Royalblue]If[/COLOR]

[COLOR=Royalblue]End[/COLOR] [COLOR=Royalblue]Sub[/COLOR][/FONT]

Upvote 0
Sorry for my previous unclear questions.
Here is the well explained in detail question. in the beginning the values will be like this
2Qoge.png

the value of F1=A1*A2*C1*E1
When I change the A1 value to >1 it'll give result like this
2QofM.png

and If I change the value of C1 the rest of the value A1 and E1 should change to 1 and It should give result like this
2QofL.png

The same for E1 Too.. If I tried to change the value of E1 to >1 the A1,C1 should change to 1

Kind Regards

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Did you try my code for your first scenario (changing value between A1 & B1)?

Upvote 0
Did you try my code for your first scenario (changing value between A1 & B1)?

Bro, it's using range value., but I use some values between B1,C1 so it affects the whole thing. Kindly again write code for post #7
So I can get Idea.

Kind Regards

Upvote 0
Bro, it's using range value., but I use some values between B1,C1 so it affects the whole thing. Kindly again write code for post #7
So I can get Idea.

Kind Regards

Try this:

Code:
[FONT=lucida console][COLOR=Royalblue]Private[/COLOR] [COLOR=Royalblue]Sub[/COLOR] Worksheet_Change([COLOR=Royalblue]ByVal[/COLOR] Target [COLOR=Royalblue]As[/COLOR] Range)
    [COLOR=Royalblue]If[/COLOR] [COLOR=Royalblue]Not[/COLOR] Intersect(Target, Range([COLOR=brown]"A1,C1,E1"[/COLOR])) [COLOR=Royalblue]Is[/COLOR] [COLOR=Royalblue]Nothing[/COLOR] [COLOR=Royalblue]Then[/COLOR]
        [COLOR=Royalblue]If[/COLOR] Target.Cells.Count = [COLOR=crimson]1[/COLOR] [COLOR=Royalblue]And[/COLOR] Target.Value > [COLOR=crimson]1[/COLOR] [COLOR=Royalblue]Then[/COLOR]

Application.EnableEvents = [COLOR=Royalblue]False[/COLOR]
                [COLOR=Royalblue]Select[/COLOR] [COLOR=Royalblue]Case[/COLOR] Target.Column
                    [COLOR=Royalblue]Case[/COLOR] [COLOR=crimson]1[/COLOR]
                    Target.Offset([COLOR=crimson]0[/COLOR], [COLOR=crimson]2[/COLOR]) = [COLOR=crimson]1[/COLOR]
                    Target.Offset([COLOR=crimson]0[/COLOR], [COLOR=crimson]4[/COLOR]) = [COLOR=crimson]1[/COLOR]
                    [COLOR=Royalblue]Case[/COLOR] [COLOR=crimson]3[/COLOR]
                    Target.Offset([COLOR=crimson]0[/COLOR], -[COLOR=crimson]2[/COLOR]) = [COLOR=crimson]1[/COLOR]
                    Target.Offset([COLOR=crimson]0[/COLOR], [COLOR=crimson]2[/COLOR]) = [COLOR=crimson]1[/COLOR]
                    [COLOR=Royalblue]Case[/COLOR] [COLOR=crimson]5[/COLOR]
                    Target.Offset([COLOR=crimson]0[/COLOR], -[COLOR=crimson]4[/COLOR]) = [COLOR=crimson]1[/COLOR]
                    Target.Offset([COLOR=crimson]0[/COLOR], -[COLOR=crimson]2[/COLOR]) = [COLOR=crimson]1[/COLOR]
                [COLOR=Royalblue]End[/COLOR] [COLOR=Royalblue]Select[/COLOR]
            Application.EnableEvents = [COLOR=Royalblue]True[/COLOR]

[COLOR=Royalblue]End[/COLOR] [COLOR=Royalblue]Sub[/COLOR]
[/FONT]

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sweeberry

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back