Worksheet_Calculate event run time error 5

Limone

Board Regular
Hi. I keep getting this error whatever I do in the workbook, Excel points to the "if not intersect" line. Can anyone help me?
HTML:
Private Sub Worksheet_Calculate()
Dim Target As Range, rng As Range, c As Range, myMatch As Variant
If Not Intersect(Target, Range("TabellaContratti[Indirizzo]")) Is Nothing Then
Set rng = Intersect(Target, Range("TabellaContratti[Indirizzo]"))
Else Exit Sub        
For Each c In rng            
If Len(c.Value) = 0 Then                
c.Offset(0, 1).Value = "" 
Else                    
myMatch = Application.Match(Split(c.Value, " ")(UBound(Split(c.Value))), Worksheets("#SigleProvince").Range("TabellaProvince[Sigla]"), 0)                    
If Not IsError(myMatch) Then 
c.Offset(0, 1).Value = Application.Index(Worksheets("#SigleProvince").Range("TabellaProvince[Provincia]"), myMatch)
End If            
End If        
Next    
End If
End Sub

Last edited:

Excel Facts

Workdays for a market open Mon, Wed, Friday?
Yes! Use "0101011" for the weekend argument in NETWORKDAYS.INTL or WORKDAY.INTL. The 7 digits start on Monday. 1 means it is a weekend.
It would appear that you are trying to refer to a named range in the intersect statement however it also appears to me that:
Code:
[COLOR=#333333]Range("TabellaContratti[Indirizzo]")[/COLOR]
is an illegal named range because you are not allowed brackets in a named range.

Upvote 0
It would appear that you are trying to refer to a named range in the intersect statement however it also appears to me that:
Code:
[COLOR=#333333]Range("TabellaContratti[Indirizzo]")[/COLOR]
is an illegal named range because you are not allowed brackets in a named range.

It actually refers to a column table with "TabellaContratti" as the table name and "Indirizzo" and the name of the column within that table. Sorry for the italian. It usually never gives me problem when I refer to columns this way.

Upvote 0
The problem is not to do with the range in the table which is perfectly fine syntax but the fact that the Target variable doesnt exist.

Upvote 0
I know that the problem is about the target, but the code that I have works for events such as worksheet_change (the event gets triggered as long as what I change is within the expressed range). I'm not sure why it shouldn't in this case.

Upvote 0
I have just realised that you were using the worksheet calculate event, this event doesn't have the parameter "target" so target is undefined.

Upvote 0
I think I've seen some istances of people using it on the internet. How do you suggest I achieve what I'm trying to do then? I don't have a definite target, I want the event to be triggered whenever a cell in a specific column gets calculated by worksheet_change event (there are no formulas in it).

Upvote 0
Sometimes someone manually does, sometimes change events inserts a value. If you're telling me worksheet calculate only pertains formulas that's ok.

Upvote 0
If somebody changes it manually or change events changes the cell then both of these will trigger worksheet change.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lancelots

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back