SharePoint Questions "Only because I have upmost trust in your opinions"

TonyUK72

Board Regular
Good Evening,

I have been given the reigns to our company SharePoint site. On the surface it feels quite impressive, but dig a little deeper and it seems very disjointed. Today has been a quiet day so I made it my mission to "Link" the tables where they pull information from the "Master" table. In addition, I set the attributes for each of the columns that I changed today.

I noticed that some of the tables have columns that could be added to the "Master" table, and carried out a small amount of research with the assumption this would be an easy task!!! I was wrong, unless you folks have a better understanding of SharePoint than myself.

Q1. I know it is possible to "Export" a table to Excel, this is something I do on a regular basis, but. Is it possible to "Import" an amended table back into SharePoint?

For example, I want to "Export" the "Master" table and add a new column to it. I would then add the new column to the "Master" table within SharePoint and set it's attributes. Once this is done is there a way to "Import" the amended Excel table so that the new column data is populated?

From the research I have done thus far it seems an impossible task, leaving me to think the simplest solution might be to create a NEW "Master" table, delete the original and rename the new one to the deleted "Master" table name?

What are your thoughts?

Thanks in advance

Excel Facts

Who is Mr Spreadsheet?
Author John Walkenbach was Mr Spreadsheet until his retirement in June 2019.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nonnakkong

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back