Conditional Formatting vs Formulas

Hannah122392

[FONT=&quot]I have an excel spreadsheet that takes information from a main sheet and uses formulas to break it down into smaller sheets. I also need it to format the result based on a cell on the main sheet. Currently it is just returning regular text, but I need it to return bold text if…. italic text if…. or bold italic text if….[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]I currently have the information formatted via conditional formatting on the main page, but the formulas on the other sheets don’t pull the main page font formatting. I thought going through conditional formatting would be the best way, but I don’t know how to do that on each individual sheet since the information on it comes from formulas.

Any and all help or ideas are welcome, the link for the Google Sheet version of my program is below:
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1RbJJknpUzxzi4eGcju7nD0N_X9wfb69uCpunZQxayC4/edit?usp=sharing

[/FONT]

Excel Facts

Does the VLOOKUP table have to be sorted?
No! when you are using an exact match, the VLOOKUP table can be in any order. Best-selling items at the top is actually the best.
Only recent versions of Excel (dont ask me which ones) allow Condtional Formatting with references to other sheets.
The workaround is to create a named range for those references and refer to that named range

e.g..
On Sheet1 you want a conditional format referring to Sheet2!A1:A10

Select Sheet2!A1:A10 and create a named range, let's call it Rng1

Then in your Sheet 1 condtional formula use Rng1 instead of the specific range like Sheet1!A1:A10

Upvote 0
Dependant on Xl version you could try
=AND('Master Entry List '!$M$2=1,'Master Entry List '!$N$2=1)

Upvote 0
So I think what I need to do, but I'm not sure if or how to write it is IF A1:D1 matches A1:D1 on the other sheet and M1 on the other sheet equals 1 then italicize the text. I have created named ranges for Column M and A1:D1 to help. Is this a conditional formula that can be done? Is there a better way?

Upvote 0
Did you try what I suggested?

Upvote 0
What version of Xl are you using?

Upvote 0
Also are you on a Mac or PC?

Upvote 0
In that case it should have worked.
The ability to use CF across sheets was introduced in 2010.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lancelots

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back