Form Help

Asevens

Trying to create a form in Excel that will allow a technician to input a username, click on one button which will then search the sheet for that user name. If username is true, script then looks to see if equipment has been assigned to user. If false then a new form comes up, populated with username, Full Name, Location and boxes to input serial numbers for a laptop and then a docking station. Also would like to add check boxes that indicate whether or not a backpack and or display cables have been allocated.
And on top of all that I need to add a drop down to indicate which technician is assigning the equipment.

Any ideas?

Excel Facts

How to total the visible cells?
From the first blank cell below a filtered data set, press Alt+=. Instead of SUM, you will get SUBTOTAL(9,)
I can create the separate forms not really an issue, my issue is making it all work smoothly.
Ideally I am hoping to take away the need for a tech to search the database manually and then add the serials and checks.
It has to be online friendly and accept multiple users at a time.

My forte is not in VBA and I just don't know how to get things like that working in the back end.
Even if someone can post the basics of a form like that I can play with it maybe and get it working the way I want to.

Upvote 0
What seperate forms? It sounds like it would work smoothest with one form.

User enters username, if name exists then form displays all the equiptment assigned to that u.name. The controls to add or remove from that u.Name's list of equiptment could be built into that same start-up form.

If the u.name doesn't exist, the controls to add a new users would also be on the form.

A single UserForm with a Multi-page control would be the cleanest way to do this.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DannyC96

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back