Copying Data from one excel to another Matching Headers

davidchraedon

I have a few excel which has 23 columns and another few with 7 columns with headers which I get daily with new data. I have another excel which is the master excel where I have all the data updated. My master excel has only 12 headers and columns. The headers are not the same on the master excel and the new excel I get daily. I have all the new files I get daily and my master excel in the same folder. I want a macro that will open all my new excel one by one automatically and I want a macro that can match the headers on the master excel and the new excels I get daily and copy all the data from the daily excel go to my master excel find the next available cell on the master excel and paste the data under the correct header. Data in My master excel is in a table but the daily excel is not in a table. Also on my master excel, the first column is a reference number which is a running number, so every time a data is pasted the number filled with a reference. I want a macro that I can do all this with a click of a button as this is something I do everyday. However, the number of files I get daily is not fixed. Sometimes I get five sometimes seven, sometimes two. The headers on the files I receive is fixed and the header on my master excel is also fixed but they don;t have the same headers.

Excel Facts

How to change case of text in Excel?
Use =UPPER() for upper case, =LOWER() for lower case, and =PROPER() for proper case. PROPER won't capitalize second c in Mccartney
While we do not prohibit Cross-Posting on this site, we do ask that you please mention you are doing so and provide links in each of the threads pointing to the other thread (see rule 13 here along with the explanation: Forum Rules).
This way, other members can see what has already been done in regards to a question, and do not waste time working on a question that may already be answered.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ijat

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back