Adding a Match to an Sumif formula

brandybartz

I have the below existing formula that I need to now add a second section to tell it to match to values in a different workbook and am not sure how to structure the formula.

Existing formula

=SUMIFS($U6:$BU6,$U$2:$B$2,">="&$D6,$U$2:$BU2,"<="&$E6)

New formula

=SUMIFS(MATCH $C2, NEW WORKSHEET RANGE, $U:$B),".="&$D6,NEW WORKSHEET RANGE $U$2:$BU$2,"<="&$E6)

Excel Facts

Remove leading & trailing spaces
Save as CSV to remove all leading and trailing spaces. It is faster than using TRIM().
Hi,
You'll want something like this. You can change the cells to fit your ranges.

=SUM(IF($B$6:$U$6>=$D6,IF($B$6:$U$6<=$E6,$B$2:$U$2)))

I don't think Sumifs work between workbooks unless both workbooks are open.

You can pick p the ranges by highlighting them in each workbook and the formula will require a Crl Shift and Enter key all pressed together on entering to make it work. You'll get {and } at each end of the formula if you've done it properly

<colgroup><col width="461" style="width: 346pt; mso-width-source: userset; mso-width-alt: 16859;"> <tbody> </tbody>

Upvote 0
I am able to get the below to return the correct values but I need it to do a match instead of me telling which row to look at

=SUMIFS(
'Item Types ST Weekly'!$D7:$BD7,'Item Types ST Weekly'!$D$2:$BD$2,">="&$D7,'Item Types ST Weekly'!$D$2:$BD$2,"<="&$E7)

** MATCH($C7,'Item Types ST Weekly'!$A$5:$A$2357)
<colgroup><col width="849" style="width: 637pt; mso-width-source: userset; mso-width-alt: 31049;"> <tbody> </tbody>

Upvote 0
Match and sumif are two different animals. Match looks for a descrete value and sumif looks for multiples. Maybe if you can give a sample of your data and explain what you want to achieve I can see what you want and maybe how to get what you want.

Upvote 0
I figured out the formula. Here is the answer for anyone else who has this problem.

=IFERROR(SUMIFS(INDEX('Item Types ST Weekly'!$E:$BE,MATCH('Item ST Weekly'!$F5,'Item Types ST Weekly'!$A:$A,0),0),'Item Types ST Weekly'!$E$2:$BE$2,">="&$G5,'Item Types ST Weekly'!$E$2:$BE$2,"<="&$H5),"HELP")

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jmsotelo

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back