hyperlink searchability

rtgjeg

I have a workbook with over 100 sheets. I have some text on sheet1 (about 100 rows) that I want to link to one of the other sheet in that workbook. Same thing for sheet 2, 3, etc. I know how to add a link using Excel's built-in insert a hyperlink command. This presents you with a dialog box. When I choose 'Places in this document' I am presented with a list of sheets that I can link to. Is it possible to search this list rather than scroll through it. As I said the workbook has over 100 sheets, and each sheet has about 100 rows to be linked. It is very tiresome to scroll through this dialog. I'm looking for a way to speed it up. Thanks.

I'm going to have to let someone else help you.
I do not understand this code.

Upvote 0

Excel Facts

Why does 9 mean SUM in SUBTOTAL?
It is because Sum is the 9th alphabetically in Average, Count, CountA, Max, Min, Product, StDev.S, StDev.P, Sum, VAR.S, VAR.P.
I have a workbook with over 100 sheets. I have some text on sheet1 (about 100 rows) that I want to link to one of the other sheet in that workbook. Same thing for sheet 2, 3, etc. I know how to add a link using Excel's built-in insert a hyperlink command. This presents you with a dialog box. When I choose 'Places in this document' I am presented with a list of sheets that I can link to. Is it possible to search this list rather than scroll through it. As I said the workbook has over 100 sheets, and each sheet has about 100 rows to be linked. It is very tiresome to scroll through this dialog. I'm looking for a way to speed it up. Thanks.

I'm trying to understand what you're trying to do.
In the Insert Hyperlink dialog box you want to search on the list of sheets name. And by search you mean by typing a keyword (not by scrolling)?

I don't know how to do that, but maybe a workaround like this:
One way to do it is using a listbox in a userform to show the list (of all sheets name) and a text box to type the keyword to search.
But then what will you do after you find the sheet?

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I would create a userform with a searcheable textbox to allow the user to choose the desired sheet (by typing the name or keyword as suggested by Akuini) and then just paste the chosen sheet to the Insert Hyperlink Dialog .

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tish101

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back