hyperlink searchability

rtgjeg

I have a workbook with over 100 sheets. I have some text on sheet1 (about 100 rows) that I want to link to one of the other sheet in that workbook. Same thing for sheet 2, 3, etc. I know how to add a link using Excel's built-in insert a hyperlink command. This presents you with a dialog box. When I choose 'Places in this document' I am presented with a list of sheets that I can link to. Is it possible to search this list rather than scroll through it. As I said the workbook has over 100 sheets, and each sheet has about 100 rows to be linked. It is very tiresome to scroll through this dialog. I'm looking for a way to speed it up. Thanks.

Excel Facts

Enter current date or time
Ctrl+: enters current time. Ctrl+; enters current date. Use Ctrl+: Ctrl+; Enter for current date & time.
Ok In Sheet(1)

It always best to give sheet name.

You have

about 100 rows) that I want to link to one of the other sheet in that workbook

Are you saying you something in Column A of sheet(1)

Starting in Row 2

So if in sheet(1) Range("A2") you have Betty what cell do you want to link to?

Please provide more specific details like where are the values and when clicked on where do they link to.

I could white a Vba script to add all these links but I need specific details.

Please give sheet names do not say other sheet or Sheet(12)

Upvote 0
OK, I'm trying to flowchart a bit of code. My sheets do have names, but to keep the post generic, I didn't list them (as some are quite long). Anyway, say sheet's 1 -100 have subroutines, forms and functions. Sheet 1 has 100 lines. Line 5 links to Sheet 2, line 10 to sheet 3, line 15 to sheet 6, line 20 to sheet 1 and so on. Now sheet 2 line 5 to sheet 50, line 10 to sheet 75, line 11 to sheet 75, and so on. Does this make it clearer? All 100 sheets have links to other sheets. Since I put all of the subroutines, forms and functions on separate sheets, the target of the link is always A1, its just the sheet name that changes.

Upvote 0
This is beyond my knowledgebase.
I will continue to monitor this thread to see what I can learn.

Upvote 0
How do you know this:

Now sheet 2 line 5 to sheet 50, line 10 to sheet 75, line 11 to sheet 75, and so on.

From just looking at sheet2 how do you know what line you want to link with what sheet.
Their must be some logic here I'm sure you cannot just remember all this in your head.

What is on sheet 2 line 5 that tells you where you want this line linked to.

Upvote 0
One more question:

When you say:

I'm trying to flowchart a bit of code

And then say link.

Are you meaning you want to link data to a flow chart or you want a link you can click on that will take you to another sheet in your workbook.

I'm not familiar with Flow charts.

Upvote 0
It not really a flowchart, its just sheets linking to sheets. I just used the term 'flowchart' to try to define what I'm doing. I guess I'm not doing that good a job though. Let me try again, Sheet 1 has the code for aprocedure. On sheet 1 the code on line 5 tells me to go to Sheet 2. Sheet 2 has code for another procedure. The code on line 5 of sheet 2 tells me to go to sheet 50 and so on. I hope that is clearer.

Upvote 0
You said:
On sheet 1 the code on line 5 tells me to go to Sheet 2.

The code?? what code?

You mean you already have some Vba code in the sheet?

If so show me the code?

Upvote 0
And I asked these questions which you did not answer:

From just looking at sheet2 how do you know what line you want to link with what sheet.
Their must be some logic here I'm sure you cannot just remember all this in your head.

What is on sheet 2 line 5 that tells you where you want this line linked to.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TheRealJoaquin

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back