Using a data table

msheofsky

Office Version
  1. 2016
Platform
  1. Windows
I have a spreadsheet where i input numerical data in I2 and I3 (SHEET 2)where after if computes in a dozen cells gives me (3) answers in K9, L9 and M9(ALSO ON SHEET 2). On sheet 1 I put answers to the same (3) cells from sheet 2 dozens of times with different variables. Is there anyway to just input my numerical value in Sheet 1 (A2 and B2) and have it automatically calculate what my answers will be as if i entered them directly on sheet 2 (Answers would be K9, L9 and M9) Just trying to save some back and forth action.:confused:

BELOW IS SHEET 2
ABCDEFGHIJKLM
1DATADATADATADATADATADATADATA
2DATADATADATADATADATADATADATAMIN/SZ20
3DATADATADATADATADATADATADATAMAX/SZ48
4DATADATADATADATADATADATADATA
5DATADATADATADATADATADATADATA
6DATADATADATADATADATADATADATA
7DATADATADATADATADATADATADATA
8#$HR

<tbody>
</tbody>

ON A DIFFERENT SHEET IN THE SAME WORKBOOK
BELOW IS SHEET 1

ABCDEFGH
1MIN/SZMAX/SZ#$HR

<tbody>
</tbody>

I would like Sheet 1 to auto-fill (D thru F)if i put in the info in A1 and B1

Excel Facts

Copy a format multiple times
Select a formatted range. Double-click the Format Painter (left side of Home tab). You can paste formatting multiple times. Esc to stop
Thank you for your response. I may not have clearly stated what i was looking for. :confused: On my spreadsheet I input numbers into I2 and I3. These numbers are computed in my table in mutiple cells and i get an answer in K9, L9 and M9. I was hoping that i would be able to put the same input numbers into sheet 1 and get my spreadsheet to compute them as if i entered them into I2 and I3. See as of right now, I input the numbers(always different) into I2 and I3 (sheet 2) and copy and paste the results all over again into sheet 1 . K9, L9 and M9 are my answers. There is already a formula in this cell that must be there.

Upvote 0
Cells A2 and B2 I would input. But i would want the number that i input be calculated as if i inputted them directly into sheet 2 (I2&I3)

Upvote 0
Okay where do you want these calculations to happen. It is no problem to fill the other cells by inputting A2 and B2 but you don't want calculations in more than one place to avoid circular reference.

Upvote 0
I'm thinking that maybe i cannot do what i want to do. See on sheet 2, all of the cells that say DATA, these cells all have formulas and are calculating me the answer that is on K9 L9 M9. I'm looking to do multiple inputs into the same formula and getting each unique answer. As of right now i input the numerical value and copy/paste the answer in the cell. And then do it again and again.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mariah3

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back