find duplicates

RandyD123

Office Version
  1. 2016
Platform
  1. Windows
I have a sheet that can be seen here. I'm not sure how I got the UID column to fill in automatically when I type something in the Name and Date column but it doesn't seem to work for the COUNT column. I'm trying to get duplicate rows to highlight automatically but I cant figure out how to apply the conditional formatting. Do I need the UID and the COUNT column?

Any help would be appreciated. Thank You

Excel Facts

Workdays for a market open Mon, Wed, Friday?
Yes! Use "0101011" for the weekend argument in NETWORKDAYS.INTL or WORKDAY.INTL. The 7 digits start on Monday. 1 means it is a weekend.
from 2007 click the column letter (select the column), then click conditional formatting, Highlight Cell Rules > Duplicate values

Upvote 0
from 2007 click the column letter (select the column), then click conditional formatting, Highlight Cell Rules > Duplicate values

That won't work, as you can see the same name can appear more than once. It's when the NAME & DATE both match I need to highlight the duplicate row ONLY

Upvote 0
so concatenate the two cells with =A1&B1 (appropriate adjustment) then do the duplicate on that value

Upvote 0
I've done that, that is my UID column. Not sure how to write the conditional format code to just highlight the duplicate row only

Upvote 0
do you actually need to highlight the entire row, i find just the one identified is enough to work from. you only need to apply the cf to the uid then

Upvote 0
yes the UID column will be hidden. so i do need the entire row to be highlighted.

Upvote 0
Select A3:F29 & use this formula
=COUNTIFS(Name,$A3,DATE,$B3)>1

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Arle8907

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back