Dynamic update of the database when you change the linked cell?

thswogur

Hi, all

I am a new user and novice without VBA knowledge. The hardest formula I can use is about Index/Match so please be nice :).
I am looking for a solution which does below;
1. A cell which looks up a value from a separate tab. I currently do this by index match. (ROW10 SUPPLY FCST key figure drives the dynamic calc)
2. I would then need to make changes to the lookup cells for a real time valuation of supply and Weeks of cover calculation and so on.
3. Then I would like this to be saved back to the original table where it was looked up from.

Now I have thought about this many times and came to a conclusion this needs to be done by some sort of a VBA macro where it will find the changed data Vs. the original table and make changes in the table. If anyone have any idea this could be done I would much appreciate it.
Please see the attached file for the design. I just need the supply fcst line to be stored in a table automatically where it actually was looked up from.
I plan to link this to Access database or SQL server where the forecast data will be held but I want to keep it simple and keep it in a tab and maybe after the change I can mass upload to actual database?

Excel Facts

Can you AutoAverage in Excel?
There is a drop-down next to the AutoSum symbol. Open the drop-down to choose AVERAGE, COUNT, MAX, or MIN

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Solitario

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back