Dynamic update of the database when you change the linked cell?

Thread: Dynamic update of the database when you change the linked cell?
Thanks Thanks: 0 Likes Likes: 0

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Question Dynamic update of the database when you change the linked cell?

Hi, all

I am a new user and novice without VBA knowledge. The hardest formula I can use is about Index/Match so please be nice .
    I am looking for a solution which does below;
    1. A cell which looks up a value from a separate tab. I currently do this by index match. (ROW10 SUPPLY FCST key figure drives the dynamic calc)
    2. I would then need to make changes to the lookup cells for a real time valuation of supply and Weeks of cover calculation and so on.
    3. Then I would like this to be saved back to the original table where it was looked up from.

Now I have thought about this many times and came to a conclusion this needs to be done by some sort of a VBA macro where it will find the changed data Vs. the original table and make changes in the table. If anyone have any idea this could be done I would much appreciate it.
    Please see the attached file for the design. I just need the supply fcst line to be stored in a table automatically where it actually was looked up from.
    I plan to link this to Access database or SQL server where the forecast data will be held but I want to keep it simple and keep it in a tab and maybe after the change I can mass upload to actual database?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: Dynamic update of the database when you change the linked cell?

Hi, It seems that it's quite complex to share anything here, but my try with sharing through the Gdrive.

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1KQ...XeGq2NNPWLp9Q6

Some videos you may like

User Tag List