Excel 365 error message when uninstall 32 bit and reinsintal 64bit

peter8848

Board Regular
Hi All,

We have just uninstall office 365 for 32 bit and reinstall into 64 bit for quicker processing but now every time when we open and close the excel we get the below error message:

"Compile error in hidden module: HsTBarPublic. This error commonly occurs when code is incompatible with the version, platform, or architecture of this application. Click "Help" for information on how to correct this error"

It is now very inconvenient and not sure what was going on? I did have some Macros but never had this issue in the past also I had a look excel developer coding and HsTBarpublic is password protected but not sure and do not think I set a password?

Please help how can we fix this up?

Cheers,

Peter

Excel Facts

Using Function Arguments with nested formulas
If writing INDEX in Func. Arguments, type MATCH(. Use the mouse to click inside MATCH in the formula bar. Dialog switches to MATCH.
I managed to learn the hard way that contrary to my expectations the 32 bit and the 64 bit of Office are not 100% compatible.
it turned out some of the libraries are not rewritten for 64 bit. And last time I check MS have no intention of providing full compatibility.
I also read some time ago a recommendation from MS to suggest that 64 bit version is only to be used if absolutely necessary.

However, to the point.
You probably have some addins installed which are not compatible with 64 bit version.
Check the installed COM addins and disable them one-at-a-time to find out which one gives you trouble. Depending on the addin and it functions this may have impact on the functionality of you Excel configuration.

Upvote 0
Hi Bobsan,

Thanks for your help.

Just wondering how do I check the installed COM addin? From memory we did instal anything but it could be excel analysis or smartview etc?

Cheers,

Peter

Upvote 0
File > Options > Add-ins
there is a list of all installed add-ins.
From the MANAGE list box select any type of add-ins and press Go...
The problem may come from another type of add-in.

Upvote 0
Hi Bobsan42,

Mate you are great!!! I disabled the "Hstbar" selection under add-in options under "Excel Add-Ins" and the warning message disappeared!!!!!

So what is this Hstbar all about and do I cause any issues if I disable it?

Cheers,

Peter

Upvote 0
Based on a quick web search HsTbar is a component related to Oracle Smart View for Office.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sharmarick

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back