VBA Run-Time Error in loop for pasting range values from one workbook to another

bardophile

WHAT I'M WORKING WITH: I have two workbooks, MacroTestingSheet2.xlsm is the source, and Target.xlsx is the destination. MacroTestingSheet2.xlsm has several worksheets in it that serve as the data source for the rest of the worksheets. Target.xlsx is a copy of all the remaining worksheets.

DESIRED GOAL: I want to paste the values of the range A15:D181 from each sheet in MacroTestingSheet2.xlsm to the sheet of the same name in Target.xlsx.

WHY?:The point of this is to not need to include all the data source worksheets when I send out copies to the various people who will be filling out the destination workbook sheets.

WHAT I'VE TRIED: After trying and failing to write code to match successive corresponding sheet names, I decided to work with the index numbers. I've determined that the index numbers of the sheets in MacroTestingSheet2.xlsm are 6 greater than the corresponding sheets in Target.xlsx.

The code I have written works for the first value of i. On the second iteration, I get a Run-time error.

As there are close to 200 worksheets for which I need to do this, each pair having different values than the other pairs, I really need a way to loop this process. Any help would be appreciated.

Code:
Sub PasteSpecialToTargetSheets()

Dim i As Integer

For i = 8 To 10

Windows("MacroTestingSheet2.xlsm").Activate
Workbooks("MacroTestingSheet2.xlsm").Worksheets(i).Range("A15:D181").Select 
'The line above is where I get the error "Run-time error '1004': Select method of Range class failed" on the second iteration
    Selection.Copy
    Windows("Target.xlsx").Activate
    Workbooks("Target.xlsx").Sheets(i - 6).Range("A15:D181").Select
    Selection.PasteSpecial Paste:=xlPasteValues, Operation:=xlNone, SkipBlanks:=False, Transpose:=False

Next i

End Sub

Excel Facts

Excel Can Read to You
Customize Quick Access Toolbar. From All Commands, add Speak Cells or Speak Cells on Enter to QAT. Select cells. Press Speak Cells.
Hi & welcome to MrExcel
How about
Code:
Sub bardophile()
   Dim Dwbk As Workbook
   Dim Ws As Worksheet

Set Dwbk = Workbooks("+book1.xlsm")

For Each Ws In ThisWorkbook.Worksheets
      If ShtExists(Ws.Name, Dwbk) Then
         Dwbk.Sheets(Ws.Name).Range("A15:D181").Value = Ws.Range("A15:D181").Value
      End If
   Next Ws
End Sub
Public Function ShtExists(ShtName As String, Optional Wbk As Workbook) As Boolean
    If Wbk Is Nothing Then Set Wbk = ActiveWorkbook
    On Error Resume Next
    ShtExists = (LCase(Wbk.Sheets(ShtName).Name) = LCase(ShtName))
    On Error GoTo 0
End Function

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
apwr

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back