Adding & average calculating stock

anu0512

Hi, Q1- I want to add the 5-month stock & calculate the average stock. |I used consolidate feature in sheet 7 but "Item Description" & "Whse" field does not come in the field. Kindly tell me how to do that with consolidate feature & different function or which one will be easy. I gather all the data in 5-month inventory sheet. Q2- After calculating the Average stock unit of different item, I have another sheet were I have to put it average unit value, how I can use index match in that sheet.

Excel Facts

Create a chart in one keystroke
Select the data and press Alt+F1 to insert a default chart. You can change the default chart to any chart type
You could use =SUMIFS to return values for each five month period and/or AVERAGEIFS, can you post some sample data?

Upvote 0
Hi Anu,

I made a new sheet as in your 5 month tab there is multiples of the same items so Index n match wont work properly there it should be a unique list unless you wanted to use dates gor items sold and then we can calculate your month values and averages with a different setup.

Upvote 0
Hi Anu,

I made a new sheet as in your 5 month tab there is multiples of the same items so Index n match wont work properly there it should be a unique list unless you wanted to use dates gor items sold and then we can calculate your month values and averages with a different setup.
Thanks.

Q1- Can you tell me like what this formula says means what you did ? Like have you done in any formula in monthly sheet too ?

Q2- From the next time I can do the same format ?

Q3- Now if I want to put this value in another sheet in the front of same item code what formula i can use or thus index match can use, in another sheet there is no repeatation of item code all the code are different.

Upvote 0
Q1- Can you tell me like what this formula says means what you did ? Like have you done in any formula in monthly sheet too ?

When you make a new inventory month tab e.g insert a new row before the average column copy the following index & match formula in and change in the formula to your new tab name
30-06-18

=IFNA(INDEX('30-6-18'!$D$2:$D$607,MATCH('5 Month'!$A2,'30-6-18'!$A$2:$A$607,0)),"")

=IFNA - If the item is Not Available #N/A in 30-06-18 then leave a blank cell.

(INDEX('Lookup tab
30-6-18'!range $D$2:$D$607, and the get the quantity on hand value from column D

MATCH(from the 5 month tab find '5 Month'!"CE0003, lookup column A '
30-6-18'!$A$2:$A$607,0)),"") this gives the row number of CE0003 to index

Quantity on hand in the 30-06-18 tab for CE0003 is 181. It doesn't matter what row this item appears in each tab as index & match is designed to find it and return the correct value.

Q3- Now if I want to put this value in another sheet in the front of same item code what formula i can use or thus index match can use, in another sheet there is no repetition of item code all the code are different.

What you need to make sure is that 1 of every item in your product list appears in the 5 month sheet so that index & match can work. No formulas are needed in your month sheets as they are you're lookup data only.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
In G2,

=IFNA(INDEX(Average!$D$2:$D$606,MATCH(Sheet1!A2,Average!$A$2:$A$606,0)),"")

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Shantanu2024

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back