Inputbox stripping decimal

Luin29

Hi everyone

I have the following code which is set to perform a unit conversion (multiple a cell value by a user input) on cells with specific text. The code works great except when the input number is less than zero; the problem being that the application.input drops everything after the decimal. Any idea how I can fix this?

Thanks

Rich (BB code):
Public Sub Datatable_conversion()
Dim cell As Range, Rng As Range
Dim r, c
, Math As Long
Dim i As Integer Dim values() As Variant Dim tempval As String, output As String, NDq As String begin: Set Rng = Application.InputBox(Prompt:="Please select the range to be converted." & Chr(10) & "(*Only select detections and non-detects*)", Title:="Range of Values", Type:=8) NDq = Application.InputBox(Prompt:="Please enter the non-detect qualifier (i.e. ND<)", Title:="Non-detect Qualifier", Type:=2) 'Ask for range and set array If Not Rng Is Nothing Then values = Rng Else MsgBox ("Please enter a range.") GoTo begin End If 'Ask for conversion factor Math = Application.InputBox(Prompt:="Please enter the conversion factor that will be used to multiply the range by.", Title:="Conversion Factor", Type:=1) If Math < 0 Then MsgBox ("Please enter a conversion factor.") GoTo begin End If answer = MsgBox("Convert detections as well?", vbQuestion + vbYesNo, "Convert Detections") 'Set number of rows For r = LBound(values, 1) To UBound(values, 1) 'Set number of columns For c = LBound(values, 2) To UBound(values, 2) output = vbNullString If Not IsEmpty(values(r, c)) And Not IsError(values(r, c)) Then If InStr(1, values(r, c), NDq) Then For i = 1 To Len(values(r, c)) tempval = Mid$(values(r, c), i, 1) If tempval Like "[0-9]" Then output = output & tempval End If Next values(r, c) = "ND<" & (output * Math) If answer = vbYes Then: values(r, c) = values(r, c) / Math End If End If Next Next 'Output array Rng = values End Sub

Excel Facts

Fastest way to copy a worksheet?
Hold down the Ctrl key while dragging tab for Sheet1 to the right. Excel will make a copy of the worksheet.
It looks like your variable "MATH" is set to LONG. LONG is an integer. DIM MATH as SINGLE or DOUBLE

Upvote 0
Thank you Jeffrey and Kenneth. That is just what I needed.

On a similiar note, how would I keep trailing zeros when data is modified in an array. For my purpose, the trailing zero represents the accuracy of multiple test results and is crucial in final presentation of the data.

Thanks again.

Upvote 0
When displaying results to the user in VBA, you will need to use:
Format(variable, "#,###.00000")
How many zeros you need after the decimal is up to you. Make sure your array is Dimmed as double if need that kind of precision.

Upvote 0
Math is a poor choice for a variable name -- it's the library where VBA math functions live (Math.Abs, Math.Log, Math.Sqr, ...).

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
foxpro

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back