Thread: Generating a DATEDIF value of "0" when the EndDate is in the past and then using in IF formula
Thanks Thanks: 0 Likes Likes: 0

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Generating a DATEDIF value of "0" when the EndDate is in the past and then using in IF formula

Hello!

I am trying to use a DATEDIF formula to calculate a number that is then used to in an IF formula to generate a score. The issues is that for some of the DATEDIF calculations the EndDate is before the StartDate. When this happens, I have the formula generate a "0". I then use the outcome of the DATEDIF for an IF formula but when the outcome is "O" the IF formula doesn't work properly.

(DATEDIF Formula) =IF(AI5="","NO ONBOARDING DATA",(IFERROR(DATEDIF(T5,AI5,"d"),"0")))

(IF Formula) =IFERROR(IF(AJ5="","0.00",IF(AJ5<=7,"0.05",IF(AJ5<=14,"0.04",IF(AJ5<=21,"0.03",IF(AJ5<=365,"0.01",IF(AJ5>365,"0.00")))))),"0")

Why won't the "0" be considered in the IF(AJ5<=7,"0.05"??? How can I fix this so that all situations where the EndDate is in the past, the IF formula results in "0.05"?

Thank you!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Default Re: Generating a DATEDIF value of "0" when the EndDate is in the past and then using in IF formula

in the IFERROR () you have "0" - thats a text zero
    change to just 0
    (DATEDIF Formula) =IF(AI5="","NO ONBOARDING DATA",(IFERROR(DATEDIF(T5,AI5,"d"),0)))
    Now the zero is a number and NOT text
    again here
    =IFERROR(IF(AJ5="","0.00",IF(AJ5<=7,"0.05",IF(AJ5<=14,"0.04",IF(AJ5<=21,"0.03",IF(AJ5<=365,"0.01",IF(AJ5>365,"0.00")))))),"0")
    you have "" inverted commas around a number - remove them ,
    Wayne

Using Excel Version 365 for Mac

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: Generating a DATEDIF value of "0" when the EndDate is in the past and then using in IF formula

Thanks Etaf! What a simple fix Formula works now and I will be more careful with my "0"s...

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

you are welcome
    Wayne

Using Excel Version 365 for Mac

Some videos you may like

User Tag List