Userform VLookup not working

srschicago

Board Regular
Hi guys

I want to enter a PartID(text) in userform TextBox1 and have the userform display an alternative PartID in TextBox2 and description in TextBox3. Sheet1 has PartID1, PartID2, and Description in column A, B, and C respectively. I have this code below which appears to have worked for someone else. But when I enter text into TextBox1, nothing updates/loads in TextBox2 & TextBox3. Why?
Code:
Private Sub PartID1_Change()

PartID2 = Application.VLookup(TextBox1.Value, Range("A1:C10000"), 2, 0)
    TextBox2.Value = PartID2
    Description = Application.VLookup(TextBox1.Value, Range("A1:C10000"), 3, 0)
    TextBox3.Value = Description

End Sub

Excel Facts

How can you turn a range sideways?
Copy the range. Select a blank cell. Right-click, Paste Special, then choose Transpose.
Because the event this code responds to is different.
This event will trigger when you make a change to the value of a control named PartID1.
You need do change the event that triggers the code. Enter this in you userform code module:
Code:
Private Sub TextBox1_AfterUpdate()
    TextBox2.Value = Application.WorksheetFunction.VLookup(TextBox1.Value, Range("A1:C10000"), 2, 0) 'PartID2
    TextBox3.Value = Application.WorksheetFunction.VLookup(TextBox1.Value, Range("A1:C10000"), 3, 0) 'Description
End Sub
If you use the Change event the code will trigger on every key stroke which changes the contents of the textbox. AfterUpdate will only trigger once - after you have completed the change (after you press Enter or exit the TextBox)

Upvote 0
Thanks bobsan42. I applied your code change and there is still not any change when I enter something in TextBox1 and press enter or exit the textbox. Is there something about how or where I enter the Private Sub code perhaps?

Note. This is the only code I am running except the userform.show macro. Am I missing something?

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Got it!. I had the code in the wrong module. I needed to put it in the Form code module. It works perfectly now. Thanks.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DW Draft

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back