Excel 2k Menu toolbar somehow got detached and is much smaller---help

rondi7

My first post here. I know this is an old program--but it does everything I need a spreadsheet to do :) Somehow my Menu bar is all screwed up. With my W7 Pro config, there is a Deep Blue bar at the very top, the menu bar is about 1/3 the width of the screen and is less height than the Formatting Toolbar. It also drops down to cover the top 10% or of the Formatting Toolbar. The buttons (really the text) all work normally. It is covering up the name of the file being displayed. I can move it to the right but it stays the same size--iow I can't stretch it wider.
All the other toolbars are ok.

When I click View, and then Full Screen--both appear as they used to, BUT when I click the red X in the upper right corner to exit, just the spreadsheet closes, and the min/max/exit buttons disappear, The area where the spreadsheet was is just blank. If I click File/Exit--they both close.

I have tried numerous settings in options, and nothing changes. I am traveling and do not have my original CD's with me, but I do have a backup of C:, os if an Excel file needs replacing--which one.

I can't post an attachment yet, but here is a pix on my DropBox
https://www.dropbox.com/s/1c4hg5b2r4xqbxf/excel.jpg?dl=0

TIA,
Ron

Excel Facts

When did Power Query debut in Excel?
Although it was an add-in in Excel 2010 & Excel 2013, Power Query became a part of Excel in 2016, in Data, Get & Transform Data.
HAve you tried dragging the "little" command bar down a fraction....it should then revert to a normal view

Upvote 0
Well--now you make me feel dumber---Yeah it's easy when you been there done that. I've never had anything like this happen on any of the Office 2k, since ---u no since 2k :)
I could not find anything on the net either--but then I probably did not ask the correct question.
Thanks again

Upvote 0
Sorry, didn't mean to offend.....we're always learning with Excel.....:LOL:

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MushtaqAli

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back