Maintenance Downtime Tracker

mlee1

Hello,

First off I would like to say I am very new to macros and VBA in excel. I am trying to create a database that will log and track when our equipment is taken out of service and back in service. I would like for when my techs take a forklift out of service they click on the lift number then themselves and out of service. this in turn will record that lift number who worked on it and a time stamp of when it was taken out of service on sheet2 of the work book. Then when they click in service it adds that time stamp to that same lift. I just have no idea how to create that.

Excel Facts

Format cells as time
Select range and press Ctrl+Shift+2 to format cells as time. (Shift 2 is the @ sign).
Re: Maintenance Downtime Tracker help

Thank you this looks exactly like i wanted, how exactly does the data go from sheet 1 to sheet 2? Are the techs supposed to select the lift then hit log service the tech name log service out of service log service? I'm sorry if this is a dumb question i am still very new to this. Thank you for the assistance.

Upvote 0

The log service button is not functional when i download this to excel. When i go to step into the macro for Shape3_Click() there is no code.

Upvote 0
Upvote 0

The log service button is not functional when i download this to excel. When i go to step into the macro for Shape3_Click() there is no code.

Looks like google sheets removes the macros and user-forms when you upload them.

You could setup your Service sheet like the following and data validate your Forklift ID and Tech names;

Book1
ABCDE
1DateForkliftTechStatusTimestamp
29/03/2019Lift2Tech1Out of Service9/03/2019 10:17 AM
Service
Cell Formulas
RangeFormula
A2=TODAY()
E2=NOW()

Right Click on your log service shape and add this code;

Code:
Sub RectangleRoundedCorners1_Click()Dim I As Long
Dim tdate As Date

Application.ScreenUpdating = False
Sheets("Database").Activate
    ActiveSheet.Range("A2").Activate

Do While IsEmpty(ActiveCell.Offset(I, 0)) = False
        I = I + 1
Loop
ActiveCell.Offset(I, 0).Value = Sheets("Service").Range("a2").Value
ActiveCell.Offset(I, 1).Value = Sheets("Service").Range("b2").Value
ActiveCell.Offset(I, 2).Value = Sheets("Service").Range("c2").Value
ActiveCell.Offset(I, 3).Value = Sheets("Service").Range("d2").Value
ActiveCell.Offset(I, 4).Value = Sheets("Service").Range("e2").Value

ThisWorkbook.RefreshAll
    Sheets("Service").Activate

Application.ScreenUpdating = True

End Sub

Upvote 0

Hi Mlee,

Did you try my original file from the Dropbox link?

Upvote 0

Hi Ras,

I thought i responded to this but i guess i did not. The sheet is functional and has been working great for the last week, so thank you for that. I do have a question now that its been used. I am wondering if it is possible to change the way the data is logging (for ease of reporting). Is it possible for when a lift is logged out of service it record a time stamp in column d (labeled out of service) then when logged in service it log a time stamp in column e (labeled in service)? I believe i could then filter so the lifts are next to each other and merge. The other idea was to see if i could get them to log the same way as above but on the same line?

Upvote 0

Hi mlee,

So just to clarify you are using "Forklift Service Log" with the grey Userform for data entry?

Also is the following example what you want to achieve for your service log? So when a tech has completed a service and the Forkilft is operational it will add Operational & timestamp to the same row?

Book1
ABCDEFG
1DateForkliftTechStatusTime StampStatusTime Stamp
202-03-19Lift2Tech3Out of Service02-03-19 21:24Operational02-03-19 21:27
302-03-19Lift4Tech5Out of Service02-03-19 21:26Operational02-03-19 21:28
419-03-19Lift3Tech8Out of Service02-03-19 21:40Operational02-03-19 21:40
Database

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Hi Ras,

Yes i am currently using the service log with the original setup, the example that you posted is what i would like for it to be where when the lift is put back into service it logs a time stamp on the same line as when it went out of service. Your example above is exactly right.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
spamiki

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back