Service Charges for Restuarant Employees

Carmdelia

Good evening Everyone!!

I am confident that someone in this forum will be able to assist me with my dilemma. I am the payroll processor at a Golf Club management Company where we host several event functions in different venues on property. There will be times that we have 2 or 3 functions going on the same day but at different venues. I need assistance setting up a spreadsheet that will allocate the service charge pot by each Banquet Server who worked that particular event based off the number of hours worked.
We are on a biweekly payroll system. So the current spreadsheet that I have is broken down by 3 tabs titled "week 1", "week 2" and "summary page"

Week 1 and week 2 is dated on top by our payroll weeks and underneath it the name of the event, and under that it has the total revenue broken down including the service charges.

I printed out each BQ team members time cards from our time and attendance system and then totaled up the total # of hours that each team member worked for that particular event then divided it by the service charge pot to get the hourly rate. I then multiplied the hourly rate by total # hours worked per team member to get their individual service charge for that event/day. I hope that I didnt confuse anyone.

Is there a system to the madness? Is there a light at the end of the tunnel? Theres just too many steps. If I have to recreate the spreadsheet I will. Your assistance is much appreciated! I look forward to hearing your feedback soon:)

Best Regards
Carmen R.

Excel Facts

Waterfall charts in Excel?
Office 365 customers have access to Waterfall charts since late 2016. They were added to Excel 2019.
Hi there and welcome to the forum. Firstly, is there a way to extract the data from your time and attendance system into excel - without that, your task is going to remain mostly manual. I suggest you try to get a CSV or similar file out then you can do your summing and allocating via a spreadsheet rather than manually. Even then, the design of the spreadsheet needed will still be a bit tricky.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Hi there and welcome to the forum. Firstly, is there a way to extract the data from your time and attendance system into excel - without that, your task is going to remain mostly manual. I suggest you try to get a CSV or similar file out then you can do your summing and allocating via a spreadsheet rather than manually. Even then, the design of the spreadsheet needed will still be a bit tricky.

I just found out that I can extract the team members time and attendance into an excel spreadsheet. What do you suppose I do from there?

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RandomExceller01

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back