how to exactly copy a pivot table's formats

bigdan

Office Version
  1. 2013
Platform
  1. Windows
i'm trying to learn a few new reports at work. one of the things i need to do is based on a pivot table. i've been able to create the data just fine but i'd really like to make it look like the previous person who did this.

i can't seem to find a way to see all the formats applied to a pivot table. for example for the report layout i don't actually know the diff b/w compact, outline, and tabular forms, so i had to apply each of them individually to my pivot to see which one he used. similar idea for various other options.

is there a field to go to to see all the options applied to the pivot? our pivots are of diff sizes so I can't just copy his then paste format on mine.

And one thing I'm particularly confused about. Here's an example of what his pivot looks like. If I goto Report Layout and choose "Repeat all items" it doesn't appear this way, and if I choose "Do not repeat" it also doesn't appear this way. So I'm not sure how he did this? The fact that Opp ID doesn't show up in every row when it's the same, but all other data does.

Opportunity IDClientClassificationProb
ABCWalmartNew50%
WalmartUpsell60%
DEFAmazonNew60%
AmazonNew70%
AmazonNew80%
AmazonUpsell90%

<tbody>
</tbody>

PS - i should also mention I'm having a lot of trouble figuring out his coloring scheme. Under Design he's got "None" selected, yet his is a pretty blue color. When I choose None I get this ugly sheet. Yuck. I realize I can just apply colors but if I do that, anytime I make a change, those colors disappear. With his that doesn't happen.

Last edited:

Excel Facts

Repeat Last Command
Pressing F4 adds dollar signs when editing a formula. When not editing, F4 repeats last command.
You can set the 'repeat item labels' option for individual fields.

Upvote 0
Copy the pivot table then change its source data from what it is initially to the data you want.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oculus

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back