alignment3

<tbody>
</tbody>

Retrieve results as:

Alignment1 - test1 test3 test4
Alignments 2 - test2
Alignment3 - test4

Hi All,
I have workbook with multiple spreadsheets. I would like to be able to search through these workbooks to find multiple results.
In work book1 - Called numbers.

I have column B headings as test names
I have column c headings as alignment names
What I would like to be able to do using a formula in a new worksheet is create my alignment names as rows, then list all the test names that are assigned to that alignment name through my entire workbook

( I was not able to show in multiple tables, but each results would need to be ina new cell and the search would be across multiple workbooks.)
TIA

Excel Facts

VLOOKUP to Left?
Use =VLOOKUP(A2,CHOOSE({1,2},$Z$1:$Z$99,$Y$1:$Y$99),2,False) to lookup Y values to left of Z values.
If you have the TEXTJOIN facility you should be able to use that otherwise this would have to be VBA.

Upvote 0
So I have got some code, but now my loops are incorrect. Any ideas on how to fix this?

****** id="cke_pastebin" style="position: absolute; top: 0px; width: 1px; height: 1px; overflow: hidden; left: -1000px;">I have workbook with multiple spreadsheets. I would like to be able to search through these workbooks to find multiple results. In work book1 - Called numbers.

• I have column B headings as test names
  • I have column c headings as alignment names
  • What I would like to be able to do using a formula in a new worksheet is create my alignment names as rows, then list all the test names that are assigned to that alignment name through my entire workbook
    (I was not able to show in multiple tables, but each results would need to be in a new cell and the search would be across multiple workbooks.)

Hi, Sample data in previous post. I have written the code as follows:
<code style="margin: 0px; padding: 0px; border: 0px; font-style: inherit; font-variant: inherit; font-weight: inherit; font-stretch: inherit; line-height: inherit; font-family: Consolas, Menlo, Monaco, "Lucida Console", "Liberation Mono", "DejaVu Sans Mono", "Bitstream Vera Sans Mono", "Courier New", monospace, sans-serif; vertical-align: baseline; box-sizing: inherit; white-space: inherit;">Dim countColTracking As Integer
Dim countCol As Integer
Dim countRow As Integer
Dim colName As String
Dim Sheetname As String
Dim Stoploop As Boolean
Dim ws As Worksheet
Dim countSheetR As Integer
Dim WsName As String

For Each ws In ActiveWorkbook.Worksheets
Sheetname = ws.Name
countRow = 7
countColTracking = 2
If Sheetname <> "Sheet1" And Sheetname <> "Infotab" And Sheetname <> "Tracking Sheet" And Sheetname <> "Initialise" And Sheetname <> "ClassList" And Sheetname <> "Template" Then
While Sheets("Tracking Sheet").Cells(countRow, 1) <> ""
colName = Sheets("Tracking Sheet").Cells(countRow, 1)
countCol = 2
Stoploop = False
While Sheets(Sheetname).Cells(2, countCol) <> "Total" And Stoploop = False
WsName = Sheets(Sheetname).Cells(2, countCol)
If Sheets(Sheetname).Cells(4, countCol) = colName Then
Stoploop = True
End If
countCol = countCol + 1
Wend
If Stoploop = True Then 'Value is found - do something

Sheets("Tracking Sheet").Cells(countRow, countColTracking) = Sheets(Sheetname).Cells(2, countCol)
'countColTracking = countColTracking + 1
End If
countRow = countRow + 1
Wend
End If
Next
</code>But now my loops are in the incorrect place. I retrieve Sm Pg8, but I should retrieve SMpg 7 as in the above layouts. It then is still looping incorrectly in that it moves straight to the next column "Answer Questions", instead of moving to the next worksheet
Any ideas?
Thank you
The result should look like this:

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
81jamesacct

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back