Excel Formula to sum players with lowest winning score

splawrie

I am nearing the end of small project for a golf club and need some help.
In this spreadsheet teams\players are listed in column “E”.
The individual golf holes are listed in Columns F, G, H, I, J, K, L, M, N, P, Q, R, S, T, U, V, W, X

1. Teams\Players participating in the skins game are marked with a “y” in column “C”
  2. The lowest participating team score excluding ties are highlighted in yellow using conditional formatting
The next step I need to complete is count the number of holes won by each team and total in column “Y”
Examples:
Hole 1 - In the attached spreadsheet Player3 won the first hole because they were participating and had the lowest score.
Hole 2 – Player5 and Player4 both had the lowest score but Player4 was not participating in the skins game so Player5 won the hole
Hole 3 – No player won the hole because although Player4 had the lowest score they were not participating in the skins game and the next lowest score ended in a tie with multiple teams
Hole 4 – Player won the hole because they had the lowest score of participating teams
Hole 5 – Player5 won the hole with the lowest score of a participating team
What I need to do next is count the number of wins for each team and total in column “Y”
In the previous examples, Player won once, Player3 won once, Player5 won twice.
Once I get the totals in column “Y” I will be able to total column “Y” and divide into total pot to get individual pay out for each team\player.

Excel Facts

Pivot Table Drill Down
Double-click any number in a pivot table to create a new report showing all detail rows that make up that number
Hi. Heres a formula for which player won each hole which you could then determine the winning ratios:

=IF(COUNTIFS($C$2:$C$11,"y",F2:F11,MINIFS(F2:F11,$C$2:$C$11,"y"))=1,INDEX($E$2:$E$11,MATCH(1,INDEX(($C$2:$C$11="y")*(F2:F11=MINIFS(F2:F11,$C$2:$C$11,"y")),0),0)),"Tie")

Upvote 0
Cross posted https://www.excelforum.com/excel-fo...to-sum-players-with-lowest-winning-score.html

While we do not prohibit Cross-Posting on this site, we do ask that you please mention you are doing so and provide links in each of the threads pointing to the other thread (see rule 13 here along with the explanation: Forum Rules).
This way, other members can see what has already been done in regards to a question, and do not waste time working on a question that may already be answered.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
benefuexx

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back