forcasting an out of stock date

scottfshr

I have an excel sheet where I forecast an out of stock date. {=MIN(IF(Sheet1!K4:K368>0,Sheet1!K4:K368))}. formula stopped working properly and is looking at the number closest to zero which Is a past date. I Only need the formula to look at todays date forward

Excel Facts

Control Word Wrap
Press Alt+Enter to move to a new row in a cell. Lets you control where the words wrap.
Try adding the Date column to your formula. See example below, change ranges to match your data.
This is an array formula and must be entered with CTRL-SHIFt-ENTER.
Excel Workbook
JKLM
3DateStock3
43/1/20192
53/1/20190
63/8/20191
73/16/20195
83/17/20193
93/18/20196
Sheet

Upvote 0
I am getting the 1/0/1900 error in the cell. I have doubled checks the date cell range (all formatted in date ) and the range of cells are formatted in number. I did not type the Array but entered ctrl-shift-enter at the end o the formula a the {} brackets did show up Formula shows a an array as {=min(if)a3:a367>=today(),if(m3:m367>0,m3:m367)))}. column A is the date rage, column M is the projected balance of inventory. I want the cell to look at todays date and forward and give me the date that is projected to be out of stock or what ever value I enter > and give me that date.

Upvote 0
Check to make sure your dates are numeric. Just because a cell is formatted as date doesn't mean it is an actual Excel date (could be text).
Use the ISNUMBER function. It should return TRUE.
In the example below both cells A1 & A2 are formatted as date, but A2 was entered as text.
Excel Workbook
AB
14/3/2019TRUE
24/3/2019FALSE
Sheet

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MattDRT

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back