IF blank cell

joetejas

I need to add an if blank into this formula. I am trying to add but I keep receiving an error. I am adding for a type of override to the current setup.

Current formula
=IF($BG$3<>0,IF($I6="Other - Explain in Comments",((AF6-$AC6)/$AC6)*R6,IF(AR6>0,((R6*AR6*((AF6-$BB6)/$BB6))+(((VLOOKUP($C6,'Market Input'!$G:$AX,BG$1,FALSE)-$BB6)/$BB6)*R6*(1-AR6))),((VLOOKUP($C6,'Market Input'!$G:$AX,BG$1,FALSE)-$BB6)/$BB6)*R6)),0)

want to add
IF cell BC is blank = 0 do nothing, but if a % is in cell BC (BC*AF)

Excel Facts

Back into an answer in Excel
Use Data, What-If Analysis, Goal Seek to find the correct input cell value to reach a desired result
That formula is far too complex to debug :eek:(as you're finding)

Break out the formula into separate helper cells with each containing manageable components (at a minimum the different arguments of each IF function, each VLOOKUP function, + your =ISBLANK([Ref]) [which will return TRUE or FALSE] ) so that you can easily confirm the operation of each bit.
Then bring those components together in your master formula by linking to each helper cell to get the end result.

Once satisfied with this, you could recombine it all together back into a monster like you already have by replacing the cell links with the formula in the target cells - but I wouldn't recommend doing that. There is no shortage of real estate on an Excel spreadsheet, so spread out your cal'cs so that you can easily work out what each bit is doing.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Arbind kumar

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back