Personal workbook macros and macro modules and macro calls

SBF12345

Greetings,

I have a macro that calls other macros. in past times I was able to run the parent macro and have the called macros work as intended. I am running into a problem now. For some reason I have macros in the 'macro' window titled as "PERSONAL.xls [then the module name].macro name". Prior to recently I had all macros titled only with PERSONAL.xls and then the macro name. My question is why the module name is now being included, and how can I remove the module component so that my macro calls work as intended.

Excel Facts

Repeat Last Command
Pressing F4 adds dollar signs when editing a formula. When not editing, F4 repeats last command.
Since 2007 the personal workbook has a file extension of .XLSB, what version of Excel are you using and have the macros been added in the Personal Workbook from an old version which you kept the Personal Workbook from?

Upvote 0
If you see the module name, it generally means that you either have another macro by the same name in another module, or you have given the macro and module the same name.

Upvote 0
I am running 2003 and all the macros were built on 2003...I was receiving an error, something like 'can't open two PERSONAL workbooks' or something. I had been manually opening the personal workbook for many months, and then more recently I was receiving the error when I tried to open the personal.xls. I am 99.9999999 percent certain I didn't name the macro with the module name included. Perhaps the macros were saved somewhere else accidentally (other workbook?).

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
marion_davis

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back