Summing totals from different sheet

jwgreen1986

Board Regular
so i currently have two sheets on a spreadsheet. one called active months, the other called payroll.

in the active months sheet i have 3 columns. one for each month of a quarter. so for example i currently have in there jan, feb and mar. i then have a list of employers with their start/end dates. in the active months it says yes/no as to whether the employee was active during them. so if someone left at the end of feb then it will say no in the mar column.

on the payroll sheet i have the employees listed again. this time there is a target and actual sale column per month. so actual and then target for jan actual and target for feb and so on all the way to dec.

what i want to do is look up all the active months values on the active months sheet and where it says yes then total up the the actuals for jan - mar. i only need the actual total for the 3 months combined. i will then also do another one for the targets.

so in short i need something that will lookup yes in the active months, which ever months have yes in it, then add up the totals for actuals for the member of staff. if i can do this then i can easily change the formula to add up the targets.

Excel Facts

Best way to learn Power Query?
Read M is for (Data) Monkey book by Ken Puls and Miguel Escobar. It is the complete guide to Power Query.
janfebmar
alanyesyesyes
billyesnonopretend sheet 2
colinyesyesyes
daveyesnono
edyesyesyesjanjanfebfebmarmar
fredyesyesyesacttargetacttargetacttarget
alan400420440460480500
bill530545560575590605
colin660670680690700710
dave790795800805810815
ed920920920920920920
fred105010451040103510301025
march report
sum actuals
alan1320
bill
colin2040
daveis this what you want
ed2760
fred3120

<colgroup><col width="64" span="17" style="width:48pt"> </colgroup><tbody>
</tbody>

Upvote 0
hi, this is very very close to what i want. however it isnt adding the yes totals for bill and dave. even if a person has one or two yes i would like it to add up the totals for the months they have a yes in.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JPav

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back