How can I compare data in 2 seperate workbooks

shreked12

Rules violation
Hi ive looked all over the internet and totally confused now.

What it is I have 2 workbooks open and they have sheets within it.

What im trying to do is look at the sheet I have selected within workbook 1 and then automatically check that against the sheet I have selected in workbook 2 and if there is no data in workbook 2 but there is in workbook 1 I need the row highlighted.

Workbooks 1 & 2 do not have data all layed out in the same order BUT does have column headers of which is NLC/MACHINE/DATE/AMOUNT.

When looking down workbook 2 to see if there is a match with workbook 1 DATA MUST BE AN EXACT MATCH across all columns and they may not be in the same row number so I need it to look all the way down workbook 2 to see if there a match.

I was told that I can compare data within 1 workbook but im trying to compare against 2 workbooks and not copy and paste anything because of size of files.

I know there are online comparers but need to have it saved to a workbook so donno if it can be done as a macro or something else??

Any ideas?

I am going to drop off of this thread. We don't seem to be communicating very well. Maybe someone else smarter than me can understand what you want to do.
Regards, JLG

Upvote 0

Excel Facts

Using Function Arguments with nested formulas
If writing INDEX in Func. Arguments, type MATCH(. Use the mouse to click inside MATCH in the formula bar. Dialog switches to MATCH.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
luca142

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back