VBA - Pop alert for list of dates

PT_ANCF

Hello all,

First of all, I tried to find a similar thread but without much success (as I'm new) for my question. So sorry, if there is already a similar thread and if yes and you have it, just point me to the right direction. Thank you.

So I have a list of client contracts and I would like to have a pop-alert running through VBA that would give me an alert. For example:

Untitled.png

In this case, I would like for a pop up tab to appear with the clients that, in column E, are -3 months from the End date (column D) with a message like "Renewal meeting with Client(s) x and y" e.g.

I have the idea that it's possible as I've seen it for one single cell but I would like the alert to catch all the contracts that are -3months. Is this possible?

Thank you so much for the aid.

Best regards,
PT_ANCF

Excel Facts

Will the fill handle fill 1, 2, 3?
Yes! Type 1 in a cell. Hold down Ctrl while you drag the fill handle.
So in your example what would your message Box popup look like.

Would it be:

Red
Blue

Show me some real examples of where date is I assume you mean less then 90 days.

Which of your examples show above would result in a popup?

We need to use like 90 days not 3 months since various months have various number of days.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Hi My Answer is This,

I want the pop up box to appear with something like (if possible):

"Renewal alert, clients:
-Yellow
-Blue"

And yes, i mean 90 days. So for example, if the end date it's the 31st of December I want the alert to pop up (starting at) 90 days before.

In my example Yellow and Blue should appear as Yellow is expired (passed the end date) and Blue is expiring (passed the 90 days).

By the way, while I was writing this and thinking of how it would work. Is it possible to define a way to stop a client to appear in the pop up?

For example, I know Yellow is expired and Im already negotiating a new contract so I don't need for it to keeping popping up.

Thank you so much.

Upvote 0
You said:
For example, I know Yellow is expired and Im already negotiating a new contract so I don't need for it to keeping popping up.
My question:
How would the script know you know this?
Hi My Answer is This,

I want the pop up box to appear with something like (if possible):

"Renewal alert, clients:
-Yellow
-Blue"

And yes, i mean 90 days. So for example, if the end date it's the 31st of December I want the alert to pop up (starting at) 90 days before.

In my example Yellow and Blue should appear as Yellow is expired (passed the end date) and Blue is expiring (passed the 90 days).

By the way, while I was writing this and thinking of how it would work. Is it possible to define a way to stop a client to appear in the pop up?

Thank you so much.

Upvote 0
You said:
My question:
How would the script know you know this?

I have a column, as in the example with the ending date of the contracts. this is manual input. So the script the would read the end date column and check (in the range) if the the date for that column is =< than 90 days.

Upvote 0
This is now getting to confusing for me.

The original post I thought you said depended on Dates in Column D and E

So a script can do that.

But then you said if I already know this some how tell the script to not tell me this.
So I'm now confused.

Upvote 0
Sorry, i'm not expressing myself right.

Simplifying and by parts:

1st) If cell in column E is =< than 90 days to cell in column D then pop up message saying for example "Renew Blue" (clients in columns A)

This for all clients and their dates (if more than one client pop up will be "Renew Blue and Yellow)

2nd) Is it possible to define the script (for example with an extra column I) to have a command that "if cell in I is ticked even if E is=< 90 days D, pop up wont return client".

Was i more clear? Sorry for the confusion and thank you.

Upvote 0
You said:
"if cell in I is ticked

Define ticked.

I have been using Excel for years but do not know how to tick a cell

Last edited:
Upvote 0
You may be getting tired of all my question. But how are you going to put a checkbox into a cell.

Why not something simple like put "I know" in column I

To put a check Mark not Checkbox

You would have to use a special font like maybe Weddings and then enter the character "a" to get a check mark

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oksanana

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back