Excel clears the top row when opening a workbook for the first time on cloud server.

9tanstaafl9

Excel voodoo happening. I have a workbook that works fine on many many computers. I started using Excel on a cloud server today, using Microsoft Remote Desktop on my Mac. When I opened the workbook (also on the server) the top row was missing. I mean it was there (things hadn't shifted up) but everything that had existed on it previously was gone. There is nothing in the macros that would cause this. There are multiple worksheets and it only removes the data from sheet 1 row 1.

If I open the workbook using Remote Desktop on another computer in my office the original workbook opens and the top row is still there. It only happens on the cloud server. If I fix the broken workbook and save it and then reopen it on the cloud server, the row is still there.

Anybody seen anything like this happen before? I know it doesn't REALLY matter because I can fix the problem, but I would like to know what is going on in case this happens with other workbooks.

Thank you!

Excel Facts

How to show all formulas in Excel?
Press Ctrl+` to show all formulas. Press it again to toggle back to numbers. The grave accent is often under the tilde on US keyboards.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hycrow

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back