Copy paste multiple columns to last row

EAS37

Hello everyone,

Pretty much new here and in VBA. I am working on a internship project that just consumes too much of my time (please dont think I am trying to escape the task which I don't I am just looking for a better and efficient way of doing this monthly routine).

On a monthly basis I get this report that has information across columns . Set up looks like this

HeaderAccount informationJAN - DECAccount informationJAN - DECAccount informationJAN - DECAccount informationJAN - DEC
ColumnsA to GJ to UX to ADAE to APAS to AY AZ to BKBN to BTBU to CF
Number of Columns7 columns12 Columns7 columns12 Columns7 columns12 Columns7 columns12 Columns

<colgroup><col><col span="8"></colgroup><tbody>
</tbody>

I need to prepare the information into another sheet lets call it "dataset" by copying columns A to G twelve times in a column A so that I can copy individual columns J to U data under one column. I will need to do these for all X to AD, AS to AY and BN to BT followed by the JAN- DEC data. The number of rows varies each month but they are the same across the columns each month.

so for example, for simplicity we have 3 rows of information across all columns, I will copy all 3 rows for A to G and paste it in A1 from row 1 to 12 then 13 to 24 then 25 to 36. After this I will copy column J, then the next column to the last cell with information from J till i get to U. Rinse and repeat for the rest of the columns. Its okay when I deal with few hundred rows but becomes tedious when the rows turns in thousands. I am hoping for some assistance where I can incorporate a VBA code to automate this. Any help will be great.

BEFORE
Account informationAccount informationAccount informationAccount informationAccount informationAccount informationAccount informationJANFEBMAR
AAAAAAA123
BBBBBBB123
CCCCCCC123
AFTER
Account informationAccount informationAccount informationAccount informationAccount informationAccount informationAccount informationPERIODDATA
AAAAAAAJAN1
BBBBBBBJAN1
CCCCCCCJAN1
AAAAAAAFEB2
BBBBBBBFEB2
CCCCCCCFEB2
AAAAAAAFEB3
BBBBBBBFEB3
CCCCCCCFEB3

<colgroup><col width="64" span="10" style="width:48pt"> </colgroup><tbody>
</tbody>

Thank you in advance! :)

EAS

Excel Facts

Return population for a City
If you have a list of cities in A2:A100, use Data, Geography. Then =A2.Population and copy down.
TYPO:

AFTER
Account information Account information Account information Account information Account information Account information Account information PERIOD DATA
A A A A A A A JAN 1
B B B B B B B JAN 1
C C C C C C C JAN 1
A A A A A A A FEB 2
B B B B B B B FEB 2
C C C C C C C FEB 2
A A A A A A A MAR 3
B B B B B B B MAR 3
C C C C C C C MAR 3

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
staticfluids

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back